General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Door will unlock but wont open - please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door will unlock but wont open - please help!!

I have a Range Rover Vogue and the drivers side back door unlocks with the key fob but will not open from either outside or inside, I think if I can get the interior door paneloff I may be able to see if I need a new door lock assembly or if something has come loosebut I cant get the door panel off because I cant open the door!! Its a nightmare, can anyone offer me any advice?? THANKS!!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Door will unlock but wont open - please help!!

Sounds like the door latch is superlocked! you may have to break the latch in order to open the door and replace it. What year RR is it?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
3rd Gear

Its a 2003 RR Vogue, someone told me that they thought that part of the lock assembly might have come loose but the only way I can find out is to take the inside door panel off but becasue I cant open the door I cant get the panel off!! Maybe if I took the back seat out first I'd be able to unscrew the panel????

Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
5th Gear

Sorry if you did this already, but turn the key hard and hold it to unlock then pull the handle. I have one just like that and it just don't come up enough. You can also try pulling the lock up and it might open but you have to pull while opening.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
3rd Gear

Just been outside and tried your suggestion of pulling the pin up and trying to open the door at the same time, doesnt work, also I cant lock/unlock the door with the key as its not got a key lock that you physically stick in the door,just afob that you press. Any more suggetsions that I could try would be greatly appreciated though!!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Might not help, but I just went throught the same problem with my passenger door on my DII, I had to roll the window down and take the the top inside rubber trim off and popped the door panel enough to reach my hand inside the door panel and pull the door latch up and then opened the door with the outside handle. Once the door was opened I had to replace the lock actuator, and after some adjustments its working fine.

Hope this helps.