General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Haynes Disco manual a waste of time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:55 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haynes Disco manual a waste of time?

Was given a 96 DISCO a few weeks ago with a blown head gasket. The first thing i wanted to do was to get my hands on a proper manual to educate myself. I've had success in the past with Haynes manuals so i ordered one for the Rover. While reading the sections on replacing cylinder heads/gaskets, i noticed they listed no torque specs whatsoever. I've read the section and looked at the illustrations and diagrams several times. Just to check, they list no torque specs for any job that requires it. They only state that the bolts should be torqued to " the specified amount", yet they don't seem to tell you what that is - anywhere in the manual that i can find. I have emailed them concerning this, but have not had a response as of yet. Should i just get the dealer manual and be done with it? Thanks guys.

Tim
Nashville TN
96 DISCO SE

Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Haynes Disco manual a waste of time?

Just got an email from the Haynes UK guys. There is a page with all the complete torque specs after all. They don't make it easy to find, but it's there. Gotta give props to them for a fast response though.