General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I’m an idiot. How to get something trapped out of fuel hose line?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 05:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts
Default I’m an idiot. How to get something trapped out of fuel hose line?

I was putting a fuel additive into my discover V TD6. The little flapper that’s on the tank under the gas cap (to keep you from putting gas into it) closed and took a plastic lid cap into the hose. I can put about a half gallon in before the system back fills and hits the pump handle shutting it off. Then I have to let it drain. I’ve tried a tool grabbing flex arm of about 3ft then took fishing tape and shoved it all the way down till it wouldn’t go any further which was several feet. I never felt this damn block but I still can’t really get fuel in it. Anyone know how to access the fuel “pipe” or hose or whatever? Can I pull the fuel door off, remove the rubber covering, somehow remove the fuel mechanism that has the flapper where you put the pump in, or remove segments of the line to the tank?

I have a lot of tools but I can’t find any info on how to do all of this. Schematics on how to access parts, etc. Willing to take any help!

Old 02-01-2021, 06:27 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
I was putting a fuel additive into my discover V TD6. The little flapper that’s on the tank under the gas cap (to keep you from putting gas into it) closed and took a plastic lid cap into the hose. I can put about a half gallon in before the system back fills and hits the pump handle shutting it off. Then I have to let it drain. I’ve tried a tool grabbing flex arm of about 3ft then took fishing tape and shoved it all the way down till it wouldn’t go any further which was several feet. I never felt this damn block but I still can’t really get fuel in it. Anyone know how to access the fuel “pipe” or hose or whatever? Can I pull the fuel door off, remove the rubber covering, somehow remove the fuel mechanism that has the flapper where you put the pump in, or remove segments of the line to the tank?

I have a lot of tools but I can’t find any info on how to do all of this. Schematics on how to access parts, etc. Willing to take any help!
Not sure if this would work, but I wonder if you could duct tape an old garden hose to a shopvac. I'm sure it would pull gas in, but if you have a low fuel maybe not. If you just turned on for a few seconds and just pulled the hose out maybe the cap would be on the end?

Old 02-09-2021, 02:30 PM
TReK
Received 505 Likes on 437 Posts

Do not try sucking a gas hose with an ELECTRIC vacuum! The fumes will ignite and you may have a disaster!

The following users liked this post:
GFranklin (06-08-2021)