General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

looking for info

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for info

Hello there,

I am new to this forum and hopefully new to a 2000 Disco II loaded with ACE. Which leads me to my first Q: Where do I see that the car has ACE? What should I look out for? Are there any tipical things that go wrong with the 2000 Dicso II (86K).[8D]

Old 08-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for info

the typical things that go with the disco are listed in the faq sections. there is alot of good info in there. the basics are simple, fix things as they break where possible. Maintainance is the most important thing to the rover. most rovers do better with owner maintainance. The price is better, and the parts are available. so for what you are able to do, do it. there is an extensive list of parts suppliers on the site. It will help you get to know your vehicle. The normal stuff is the cruise control, usually vaccum lines, window and window shield seals at one point or another leaks, and the window regualtors. Lights of many kinds may appear on the dash, most mean nothing, all need to be checked. most parts stores have the data links to help put you in the right direction. local parts stores do have some common parts for rovers. the dealer is also always the most expensive. I can't help on the ace stuff don't know about them. others may help. take care and gotta love a rover. duboff