General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please Help 04 land rover discovery DEAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please Help 04 land rover discovery DEAD!!!

2004 Discovery I was driving home, the engine sputtered once the engine light flashed so fast i could hardly see it... 5 miles down the road it quit running engine light and transmissions light both gear lights and D light on the shifter flashed, after 15 minutes it restarted. but would not shift right, actually would not shift out at all.. i had to get it home drove it another 20 minutes and it quit again.. after about and hour it restarted.. made it home where it died again..i have put a new battery in it(dealer recommended this) It has no engine fire! I thought with the transmission and all it was probably the ECU, Changed it, this did not help,, I put the original ecu back in it,,, Wow you know i thought about this but figured i was wrong THE COIL PACK/electronic ignition. Could this be it??? Will i have to take off the intake to get to it???? would you have any hints ,,,,

Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 AM
5th Gear

Oh yea it also was only pulling one code,, rear differential lock something,, this would not shut the engine down would it

Old 10-18-2009, 02:59 PM
5th Gear
Default Repaired!!!!!

Well it was the crank position sensor... Very hard to get to!! If anyone needs the special tool i had to make to reach the wiring harness, I would be glad to share them with you!!! for free of course.... if not you will have to take it to the dealer cause the have the special tool!! Anyways im off in my comfy little rove just relax'en SHEWWWW IM SO GLAD TO GET THAT OVER!!!!! THIS IS FOR A 2004 DISCOVERY CRANK POS SENSOR TOOLS!! OTHER THAN THAT 7MM 8MM SOCKET AND A VERY SKINNY ARM!!!! tHANKS TO MY WIFE!!! WHAT A WINNER!!!