General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

power steering and transmission fault error

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:17 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering and transmission fault error

I have a Freelander 2 bought in May 2007. To date I have had numerous problems with the power steering. In June 2008 the bearings in the power steering went and the power steering unit had to be replaced this happened again in May 2009 again it was replaced. I then had an oil leak which the mechanic said was a seal on my gear box. Has anyone had a problem like this and should I just wait to have it go again in a years time????

The other problem I have is an error message that has been going off at random for over a year "transmission fault traction reduced" each time the car goes in they tell me they have checked the computer and pick up no problems. Can anyone help on this problem?

The problems I have had with this car have really put me off buying another land rover (this is the first one we have owned) and when replacing it next year I am really considering looking at a different make, which is a pity because apart from these problems I have had, it as a really lovely car that drives well and is perfect for our lifestyle. It is a great little off road vehicle and economic to run on a day to day basis.