General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rear Parking Sensors. Hght Adjust, Engine Vacuum...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:00 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Parking Sensors. Hght Adjust, Engine Vacuum...

Hello there, 3 quick question,
First: On my 03' HSE7 Disco when I put it in reverse I get a beep- beep -beep at the normal rate and sound level. I'snt it supposed to get louder and more rapid as I near objects
(cars, etc)??

Second: What is the purpose of the height adjust, I can barely see a difference when I activate it, I thought it would give me a good lowering for loading but all i get is a few centimeters. Do I need a special remote to make it go down further?

Third: Sometimes when i am at a red light or idle for a few minutes I would hear a whinning like a vacuum being turned on and it imedietly turns off. This same noise is when I first start the SUV in the morning but this goes on for about a minute and a half. Is this normal? and what is it?

thanks,,,

Old 04-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear Parking Sensors. Hght Adjust, Engine Vacuum...

I can't help with the first two questions but the third is probably the sound of tthe ABS pump - Should be apparent if you press on the brake peddle a few times it should come on.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Rear Parking Sensors. Hght Adjust, Engine Vacuum...

I can't help you on your first question. The second issue regarding your SLS and raising or lowering it is pretty straight forward. On my 99 D2 when I hit the height switch it will raise the back end by about 2 "s. To be able to lower the vehicle you need to buy a optional remote that's only function is to lower the suspension for easy access or hooking up a trailor.
The question regarding a noise, could be an ACE pump or if you have ACE, a secondary air pump if you have that emission feature.
Mike