General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

squeeling belt lead to overheating

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeeling belt lead to overheating

I have a 2001 disco 2. I noticed a few weeks ago a minor squealing that would accure when i accelerated slowly, about between 1 to 2 RPM, after 2 rpms the squealing stopped. I had new tires put on the truck about a week ago and the squeeling keeps getting worse. Now the squeeling is continuos. Today the truck started to over heat. The squeeling will only occure when the vehicle is actually moving. I tried to place it in park and rev the throtle body to see if i could notice where the squeel comes from and it doesnt squeel. I even tried to put the parking brake on and apply the foot brake while accelerating in drive and still no squeeling. I noticed today that there is a pressure relief hose off the top of the expansion tank and when the engine gets hot instead of sucking the coolant down its blowing it out through that tube and causing the engine to over heat. I am in no way a mechanic and just want others opinions before i take it to the shop for a diagnostic so i dont get ripped off. People hear landrover and just assume you are made of money. Please help!
Thank you in advance,
Tom