General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Suspension Fault

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Fault

I have been erratically getting the "Suspension Fault" on my dash and says do not exceed 30MPH. Sometimes it happens every time I speed up and sometimes I go miles with no fault. Sometimes the RR will raise and lower and sometimes the switch appears to be inoperable. I called the dealership and they said it was likely a bad compressor or bad air strut/shock?? The RR does not lean funny so I do not think it is an air strut/shock. In the raised position the vehicle will hold position and has never dropped to the "bumps". The front two were replaced within the last 20-30k miles. The RR is a 2007 Supercharged with 101,000 miles.

I have looked and looked and no one seems to have a post for changing the compressor under the spare tire. It looks simple and quick.

Is there a way to diagnose this fault before I commit to an expensive compressor? Should I try the relay first?

Any advice on this would be appreciated. The only thing I do see is that the dealership charges $1,400+ for this..

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:28 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you haven't had the vehicle diagnosed. Go to the dealer and have the codes read and the problem diagnosed. Stop trying to make shotgun calls with no knowledge and no experience. Let the professionals do it. You own a 95k dollar SUV. You can afford the 150 dollar an hour diagnosis fee. You will need several parts including an update to correct the problem.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Like mentioned above, get it diagnosed. A compressor won't fix everything.
It doesn't have to be a dealer, but it should be at a minimum, a competent shop that specializes in Rovers.