General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Title issue help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:20 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Title issue help

I have a landrover that was going to be repossessed but the loan company said they would not come to new york to take it so it is mine. However they will not give me the title so I can't register. What are my options to either use my rover or get a little bit of money from it. It has been sitting for a year because I can't register it.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:10 PM
4wd Low
Default RE: Title issue help

Which answer do you want?

The honest answer:
Go pay it off, get the title and register it.....

The not so honest...and something I definitely don't recommend...although....???

1) Go find a scrapped one, the same model, year etc. Buy the salvaged title car etc remove vin plate and install in yours....salvaged title, and you get it back on the road. It will probably require inspection so the vin replacement job better be good. They may also require other numbers, but I doubt it (like block number etc.) If your car was a 97, then this option is going to cost you as much as paying it off anyway by the time you are done.

2) Get another car, like I have an old Triumph - and put the plates on the Rover. This one WILL get you in hot water if you get pulled over. Although in my case, the TR title is wrong anyway, and no one can tell what the car is from the registration etc....and none of the Vin's match anything on either car. I have a letter from the state police that says the car is OK.....whatever car THAT happens to be!

The best advice, is get a second job and pay it off.....like my brother was forced to do with his gambling debts by his wife!! ;-)

Old 10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
3rd Gear

The loan company said they will not come get it. There was a divorce and bankruptcy bla bla bla. I guess I should just register and part it out. I can't ever sell it but I could drive it all I want.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

is there a reason you cant pay it off?

Old 10-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Mudding

its called a slavage tilte or a lost title registration. Get a lawyer and a notarizer and apply for a lost title or a salvaged title....cost around 200 dollars. Get a friend to do it then get him to transfer it back to you. In oklahoma it is called a code 42. Which is basically saying that it is aboned property. In some states if anytrhing is left on your property for 30 days and the owner knows it is there or that you made public and advertised it as lost and needs to be claimed then it legally is yours. Since the company knows you have it and will not come get it then it is yours leagally, just aply for a lost title or salvaged title in your or prefably a friends name. Dont pay money you dont have too, especially not to a bloodthirsty and very rich loan company, use the law in your favor.