General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:26 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission issues

I have owned my 02 disco a little over 3 years now. it has 156 thousand miles on it. this past summer I got an error code for the crankshaft position sensor along with the blinking lights and the going into limp mode. I replaced the sensor and everything was fine until a month ago. I would be driving down the road and the truck would loose power for a split second and the s&m lights would blink , and as quickly as it happened everything would be fine for a few minutes and then it would happen again but after he second time it would go into limp mode. I have read several threads on this issue and have gone down the check list . I have a brand new battery , even tested it with a 14.5 under load , I have put a used xyz switch on it , changed the tranny fluid and it still wants to loose power while driving . can anyone please help? any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated . thanks for taking the time to read my post

Old 11-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

First off...are you getting any DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes)? Also, are you sure the power loss isn't engine related.

Most intermittent issues like this are usually electrical, bad connection or failing sensor or actuator. Under the hood, you have a power distrubution center fuse box, right behind the battery, I believe fuse 12 is for the transmission (check lid, it gives diagram to location of fuses). Check the fuse, not that it will be blown...look over the terminal ends for corrosion or burn marks from lack of good connection.

Also, there is a black plug on the drivers side of the trans. This connector holds all of the wiring harness for internal workings of the transmission. Twist the connector ring downward to release the plug. Once you have pulled the plug out of the trans, look into the plug for any type of corrosion or terminals that are loose or terminal ends pushed out of the connector.

Your description of the vehicle "loosing power" is a bit confusing, since transmission don't create power...they distrubute power to the wheels. So, when someone describes their vehicle as "loosing power"...it leads me to believe it's an engine issue.

Anyhow, have the codes read and see what that tells us.

Brian.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:22 PM

I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3 with the V6 4.0L and mines in limp mode and it gives me the code p0968 pressure solenoid 3 (C). I've check the alternator, check fluid level, all brake lights, brake switch. It also stuck in park as well but If you put it on run before starting the put it in neutral. The start and put it in drive but I'm at a lost.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryant Arias Argueta
I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3 with the V6 4.0L and mines in limp mode and it gives me the code p0968 pressure solenoid 3 (C). I've check the alternator, check fluid level, all brake lights, brake switch. It also stuck in park as well but If you put it on run before starting the put it in neutral. The start and put it in drive but I'm at a lost.
If thats the only code then you probably need a set of solenoids. Genuine ZF are around $800. The swap is a pain just like a trans service plus you need to remove the valve body to swap the solenoids.

Post this as anew thread in the LR3 section and you will get more replies and not be hijacking the OPs original post.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by abran
If thats the only code then you probably need a set of solenoids. Genuine ZF are around $800. The swap is a pain just like a trans service plus you need to remove the valve body to swap the solenoids.

Post this as anew thread in the LR3 section and you will get more replies and not be hijacking the OPs original post.
Thank you and I just want to make sure sorry about taking it over! Not my intention.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:40 AM
4wd Low
Default Only a pending code was there, and it was po335. Which is strange because I just chan

There was a pending po335 code. which is strange because I just changed the crankshaft position sensor back in the summer . I just replaced it again and it seems to be ok for the time being . I am thinking that the bad sensor was causing the truck to want to go into limp mode and was causing the loss of power issue? not sure though . thanks for your help