General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tricky question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:22 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tricky question?

I have a 99 Land Rover Disco radio keeps resetting? It does not keep my stations( not factory radio) I have to keep setting them over and over. Then just recently it wont go to start. acts like it is completely dead? I don't know where to start with this? Just a few weeks ago S & M lights were flashing and went into limp home mode but got the air filter changed also had an issue with when A/C was on it would have an issue with leaking onto motor. Perhaps why S & M lights were on? have not had issue with lights again and just have not used air at all.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by justbecause82287
I have a 99 Land Rover Disco radio keeps resetting? It does not keep my stations( not factory radio) I have to keep setting them over and over. Then just recently it wont go to start. acts like it is completely dead? I don't know where to start with this? Just a few weeks ago S & M lights were flashing and went into limp home mode but got the air filter changed also had an issue with when A/C was on it would have an issue with leaking onto motor. Perhaps why S & M lights were on? have not had issue with lights again and just have not used air at all.
I'm guessing you have a DII?

M & S flashing could be caused by your battery going bad...this could also be triggering your radio issues. Anything lower than 13 Amps and your transmission electronics will take a hit. I would start there as it's the most simple fix....get a new battery.

If your battery is OK, then it might be your XYZ switch is going bad and you'll need to replace it.

You may want to worry about your transmission issue before you worry about your friggin presets.....