General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Used RR SC issues within 24 hrs...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:19 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used RR SC issues within 24 hrs...

So I picked up an '08 RR SC last Friday and on the test drive (about 25miles) no sign or sound of anything wrong besides the TMPS on the spare was on.

14 hours later I'm heading on a short road trip, and the CEL came on, nothing felt odd so I proceeded with my day, was back to my scanner that afternoon and read it, it threw a U0167 (Lost Communication With Vehicle Immobilizer Control Module) and P0513 (Incorrect Immobilizer Key). I cleared the codes and they stayed away for 24 hours..

Also on the trip the AC compressor started to whine decently with the RPM of the vehicle, and I felt the 2-1 lurch a few times, with a hard shift into first from a stop a few times.

No suspension faults within the first day but on Sunday - normal driving around the suspension fault warning came on 4-5 times briefly, once where it said to not exceed 30mph.. with air in ALL of the tires the TPMS is still on but now saying that I should check all pressures.

I love the power in the RR SC but good god... I would have passed on this one if any of these issues would have shown up on the test drive.

I called and emailed the dealership (Aristocrat Range Rover, in Merriam KS) with the issues that have surfaced and am waiting to hear back from them on how they want to proceed.

I thought I'd check with you guys to see if you could offer any advice (I know it's free and I've got lots of grains of salt ) or if there are any easy fixes for some of the issues I've experienced so far.

thanks in advance for your help!

Frustrated in MO...