General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Weak door locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak door locks

I was told that our we have weak door locks. When I use the remote control to unlock the doors and we open the handle the plunger to unlock the door from the inside goes down and locks the door quickly. We have to put the key in the lock while turning it to unlock the door we can pull the handle and it will open up. That is on the drivers side front. For the rear door we have to open the front door and put our hand in back to unlock the back door. That one all we have to do is pull it up once and it will allow us to open the door. The front door we have to use key.

What do you think the remedy would be?
Do you think it is the electrical plunger that is weak?

Old 02-18-2010, 05:56 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

needs a new door latch, solenoid is inside the latch.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 PM
4wd High
Default Weak door locks

We were told we have weak door locks.
When we unlock the doors with the remote all but one door unlocks (the rear right). We can unlock the drivers side front with the key if we turn the key all the way to the right and pull the handle. The front passenger we still can not open that door with the key but can open the rear door and pull up on the post.
There are two things that are in the door that I might have to replace:
The actual lock (metallic) that is bolted to the edge of the door that grabs a hold of the post to keep the door closed or the electronic actuator.
Which one do you think it is? Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it. I don't want to get both parts if it is only one. I am guessing it is the electrical actuator but not sure.
Help please.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 PM
4wd High
Default light bulbs in the digital clock for disco 1 97

Do you know where I can get the bulbs for the digital clock and the emergency flasher bulb?