General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Weird electrical issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 11:50 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird electrical issues...

First, I'm new-ish to the forum so just wanted to say thanks for the info!

So, I've had some super weird electrical issues with my 2009 LR3 and I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light... For the last few months, the red "Park" light randomly comes on and a quick flip of the E-brake switch makes the light go off. I know I've needed to adjust or replace the EPB shoes, but I've also had other issues related to my right side turning signals. Both front and rear signals randomly stop working and I get the hyper flash on the dash. When I say stop working, they are just completely gone. No hazard lights and no right side signals whatsoever on front and back. Today I finally changed my rear brakes and overhauled the EPB system as well (new shoes, new springs, etc...). Well, it seems that my signal issue has been cleared up as well? What? What would cause these 2 systems to be linked in such a weird way?

Second, I'm getting a quick random TPMS flash on the dash. Certain days are worse than others, but no "check air pressure" error comes on. Just flashes then goes away. I pulled the faults with my IIDTool and it says "Lost communication with tire pressure monitor module" with the error code U0127-87. Thoughts about this?

And lastly, I've got some other faults that continually come up but don't show any dash lights or really affect driving whatsoever... Because there's too many to list, I'll attach some screenshots from IIDTool. Based on the above info, could any of these all be connected as well? Thanks so much!