Coolant level still drops - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:39 AM

Default Coolant level still drops

Hello All; I just purchased my 2nd Land Rover an 2013 LR2 with 28,000 miles and love it. However I've noticed a problem in the last few months that's becoming a problem. The coolant level keeps going down with the need to top off every 10 or so day's. I took it to the dealer since it's still in warranty and they did a leak test and found nothing. They did however have a past bulletin and completed that. two weeks later the coolant was down again! I made an appointment for next week and while my wife was driving it at highway speeds (70mph) the engine skid plate dropped! It seems the mechanic failed to tighten the two front bolts tight and down it came. Luckily nothing happened and she was able to get it off the road safely.

Any idea what the coolant issue might be? So far its been 3 day's without a call from the service tech. I've called twice and all I seem to get is they'll get to it when they get to it. Not even an I'm sorry the skid plate wasn't properly attached.

Thanks for any advice in advance.