LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Coolant pressure tester for 3.2 I6

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 08:39 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 553 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamza89
Ok since the OEM is extremely expensive, I saw a used OEM one on EBAY , and of course there are some aftermarket ones , what do you recommend , and if you have a link for the product I would really appreciate it .
Use car-parts.com as they can tell you how many miles on the donor car. And use any good silicone lubricant instead of WD-40 original.

Old 12-18-2022, 08:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flybd5
Use car-parts.com as they can tell you how many miles on the donor car. And use any good silicone lubricant instead of WD-40 original.
Ok man thanks a lot. Ill keep you posted for the coolant leak issue .

Old 12-18-2022, 10:08 AM
Winching
Received 285 Likes on 217 Posts

Ok since the OEM is extremely expensive, I saw a used OEM one on EBAY , and of course there are some aftermarket ones , what do you recommend , and if you have a link for the product I would really appreciate it .
The fans will fail eventually. A used one may last a while but will obviously be closer to failure than a new one. The mileage on the donor would matter a lot, assuming you can even get a reliable mileage for a part like a fan. Over 100K I wouldn't even bother, time and money to install the fan will be wasted because you'll be doing it again soon.

Old 12-18-2022, 10:35 AM
Winching
Received 144 Likes on 121 Posts

Volvo si6 is also found in Volvos . Multiple posts in this forum reference the Volvo dual fan and LR2. The first time I read about this was from @p_gill , so I'm pretty sure he's post here about it and I know I certainly have. You can also find the model number for the fan at freel2.com. The Volvo part was priced much cheaper and it opens up the parts field a bit. Good luck.
I did convert to the dual from a single fan stock model.

Old 12-18-2022, 03:04 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by merlinj79
The fans will fail eventually. A used one may last a while but will obviously be closer to failure than a new one. The mileage on the donor would matter a lot, assuming you can even get a reliable mileage for a part like a fan. Over 100K I wouldn't even bother, time and money to install the fan will be wasted because you'll be doing it again soon.
The OEM is a bit expensive, ill see what i can do .

Old 12-18-2022, 03:05 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ThorInc
Volvo si6 is also found in Volvos . Multiple posts in this forum reference the Volvo dual fan and LR2. The first time I read about this was from @p_gill , so I'm pretty sure he's post here about it and I know I certainly have. You can also find the model number for the fan at freel2.com. The Volvo part was priced much cheaper and it opens up the parts field a bit. Good luck.
I did convert to the dual from a single fan stock model.

Thanks a lot , ill check how much is the volvo oem .

Old 12-18-2022, 04:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 553 Likes on 462 Posts

The OEM is a bit expensive, ill see what i can do .
You need to have patience and shop around by part number as well, not just model vehicle. I found my dual-fan unit on eBay from a low-miles donor car at a salvage shop in the UK. I paid about $100 delivered to me in the US. The shop accepted an offer slightly less than they were asking. Search for Freelander 2, not just LR2, and remember that you can use a radiator fan assembly from a gas or diesel model. Just did a quick search on eBay and I came up with no less than FOUR dual-fan units from TD4 donor cars in the UK for less than US$120.

Old 12-18-2022, 04:54 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by flybd5
You need to have patience and shop around by part number as well, not just model vehicle. I found my dual-fan unit on eBay from a low-miles donor car at a salvage shop in the UK. I paid about $100 delivered to me in the US. The shop accepted an offer slightly less than they were asking. Search for Freelander 2, not just LR2, and remember that you can use a radiator fan assembly from a gas or diesel model. Just did a quick search on eBay and I came up with no less than FOUR dual-fan units from TD4 donor cars in the UK for less than US$120.

Really appreciated 👍👍👍👍👍

The following users liked this post:
flybd5 (12-18-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 05:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Update

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all .

I got delayed coz I ordered some special tools and had to wait .
I tested the car with the block tester and luckily my head gasket still intact.
Did the cooling system pressure test and I found leaks on my radiator , thermostat, and upper hose .
I think these items got damaged due to the overheat caused by the broken cooling fan .
I ordered a used OEM fan and will swap the small broken fan alone .
ordered a Valeo radiator for a reasonable price since the manual says its the original equipment manufacturer.
got an OEM thermostat and hose .
Now my intake and front bumper has to come out to carry out this job . It will be exhausting but since I removed the engine head on a same model car before I should be fine doing this job .
any recommendations for coolant ?

Old 12-29-2022, 01:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 320 Likes on 250 Posts

Merlinj79 wrote: Coolant: You can use original spec G11 coolant or upgrade to G13 coolant. Don't use "universal" coolant. You can also use Dexcool, probably cheaper, and should be real close to OEM. I used Dexcool for a long time (that's what appeared to be in the car when I bought it), but I did have some leaks after severe duty at 150K. YMMV. Coolant discussion here...

https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...freeze-105613/
https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...on-plz-114192/

Personally I upgraded to G13 (Audi or VW will sell it to you)

If you want a brand name

Pentosin PENTOFROST E

The E is the G13 spec

Take care

​​​​​​​Paul

The following 2 users liked this post by p_gill:
Hamza89 (12-29-2022), ThorInc (12-29-2022)

Quick Reply: Coolant pressure tester for 3.2 I6