LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

To extend or not to extend? (warranty)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 05:06 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can go the chrysler dealer and go to the finance manager and ask about them. They will require an inspection and then they can get back to you with the numbers and the coverages.
As far as any mechanic, thats up to the mechanic. He has to do the paperwork to get paid by the company. It doesn't matter if its LR certified or Ford or Chrysler. The shop doing the work has to do the paperwork to get paid. Dealers don't care about who you buy it from as long as they get a number to call and a reasonable amount of time to make the call. They get the info from the operator and sometimes an inspector is sent and from there you just have to pay the deductible and whatever on top they don't cover. Most of the time its everything but sometimes they may not cover certain items seen as trim pieces or maintenance items. For example if a caliber seized they may cover the caliber but not the brake pads that wore out. Depends on the coverage.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Does my factory warranty cover any checkups?

I have a LR2 that is nearing the end of the warranty. I just had the tires changed, and up'ed a size.(235/55R19 to 255/55R19) Only a 3% increase in diameter. However, I feel like my transmission seems to be shifting a little rougher than it was. I feel like the transmission was making a slight whirring/winding noise in 1st gear during acceleration before also. I am concerned, and would like to take ti in to have it looked at.

Does the Factory warranty cover checking into issues like this? Or do I have to pay to have it diagnosed before the warranty kicks in?

Any info on next steps would be great.

FYI: this could all be nothing. The whirring/winding noise could be normal as I have driven a couple of Volvos that do the same thing. And this is part Volvo, so maybe it's normal?

Old 03-31-2016, 03:03 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Land Rover Extended Warranty

I used to work for a broker/ administrator that back extended warranties. The one thing I can tell you that the claims rate is really high on Land Rover vehicles. These vehicle are really nice to have but they as break a lot and cost a lot of money. I bought one before I worked there and found this out. Most administrators won't even cover them because of the high risk they bring so if you find one you are lucky. The company that I use to work for National Repair Solutions covered them. I at least know all the policies there are back by an insurance company so the policies will get there claims paid out if they were to go out of business. It's a good company. Other ones out there you need to watch because if they do cover it there might be some wording in the contract that limits claims paid out or don't cover something. The worst thing you can do is run into a risk retention group. This is a privately owned company that holds customer's money with no backing from an insurance company. The rates are really cheap with them but that's if they stay in business or pay your claim. Hope that helps!