LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

A few too many LR2 issues help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 10:59 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few too many LR2 issues help!!

Issue 1 - I have a 2010 LR2 and my first issue was with the gas gauge showing all the way full, then in stayed there for a while then weeks later showed as half full even when I fill up. The mechanic said I needed a new cluster. He installed the new cluster and now the seat belt and airbag light stays on. When I start up the self check happens and all the lights go off then the seat belt and air bag lights come back on in red. I read here that there are wires under the seat that I can check. I have a few questions on that.
  • Do I have to unscrew the seat to get to those wires?
  • Will the airbag go off if I start fiddling with wires?

Issue 2 - I keep getting this random hood open reading in the past it has also shown the trunk as opened too. I thought this may have been related to the cluster so I left it. Now that the cluster is replaced I still get the hood open error - I am having the latch replaced this weekend so I will provide update on this one.

Issue 3 - My alarm keeps randomly going off. I notice that the time it takes to go off varies and I suspect when I leave it parked at the station during the days its going off as when I get back to it...there is a rapid flashing light going off in the dash and then I get that hood open error when I start up.

I am hoping that the hood latch fix will address this alarm issue, please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

I love my LR but I am at my wits end with all these issues - Im in Canada by the way and if anyone knows of a good mechanic in Ontario let me know

Thanks guys.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:04 AM
3rd Gear

Had the hood latch replaced this weekend, so far no random alarms going off and no hood open message

Last edited by marcyb25; 07-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Winching
Received 140 Likes on 103 Posts

That hood latch is a common problem. I had it replaced under warranty on my 2008 to stop the alarm from triggering. I would have thought they'd have fixed it by 2010.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:21 PM
3rd Gear

I thought it was fixed for the 2010 too but sadly not. I have warranty and for some reason I forgot to have the warranty cover the cost, now that you mention it I think I will let the warranty cover it. Thanks for reminder

I still dont have the seatbelt and airbag light issue resolved yet though...think I will catch that on my next trip to the mechanic since no fix found here

QUOTE=LR2driver;612518]That hood latch is a common problem. I had it replaced under warranty on my 2008 to stop the alarm from triggering. I would have thought they'd have fixed it by 2010.[/QUOTE]