LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Key Still Detected & Wiper Control Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 09:05 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Still Detected & Wiper Control Issues

Figured i'd try to include a few items specifically here and see if there's any helpful advice from the community.

2008 LR2 SE
(1) When I remove the key fob from the slot, 90% of the time the radio will stay on and occasionally the message centre will display that the key is still detected. If I quickly insert and remove it again then it shuts off properly but this is annoying and will prevent me from locking the doors with the fob if its still "detecting" the key inserted.

(2) My front windshield washer fluid doesn't seem to operate in the manner the operating manual describes how it should. If i depress the "Thumb button" at the very tip of the lever (Which the image on it indicates front washer fluid) nothing happens, and if I pull the lever towards me (Which the image indicates rear windshield wiper/fluid) the FRONT washer fluid activates, but no wiper (either front or back).

It would almost appear as if the wiring was backwards for the wipers the way they function from how theyre allegedly supposed to, also, my rear wiper and washer fluid do not work at all. The fuse is fine so suspecting the motor to be gone...but would that also affect the rear washer fluid from not working?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, tried to upload pics but forum doesnt seem to be compatible.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 519 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Nelson
Figured i'd try to include a few items specifically here and see if there's any helpful advice from the community.

2008 LR2 SE
(1) When I remove the key fob from the slot, 90% of the time the radio will stay on and occasionally the message centre will display that the key is still detected. If I quickly insert and remove it again then it shuts off properly but this is annoying and will prevent me from locking the doors with the fob if its still "detecting" the key inserted.

(2) My front windshield washer fluid doesn't seem to operate in the manner the operating manual describes how it should. If i depress the "Thumb button" at the very tip of the lever (Which the image on it indicates front washer fluid) nothing happens, and if I pull the lever towards me (Which the image indicates rear windshield wiper/fluid) the FRONT washer fluid activates, but no wiper (either front or back).

It would almost appear as if the wiring was backwards for the wipers the way they function from how theyre allegedly supposed to, also, my rear wiper and washer fluid do not work at all. The fuse is fine so suspecting the motor to be gone...but would that also affect the rear washer fluid from not working?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, tried to upload pics but forum doesnt seem to be compatible.
My first gut instinct would be to grab a bottle of good spray electronic contact cleaner and apply to anything that might look to be a plug, switch or contact. It sounds like there's some unwanted gunk in there.