LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Land Rover LR2 key fob issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021 | 04:22 PM
|
8th Gear

Okay so it’s been a while but I finally got around to doing both suggestions, I got my battery tested, as I figured, it was bad so for the meanwhile I put in my other trucks battery in. As for the key fob, despite the fact that the buttons were funcional, I soldered in a new one and unfortunately, the problem persists. The same problems occurs where it spits out my key fob. Any other suggestions ?

Old 02-24-2021 | 04:24 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Jesse Almaraz
Okay so it’s been a while but I finally got around to doing both suggestions, I got my battery tested, as I figured, it was bad so for the meanwhile I put in my other trucks battery in. As for the key fob, despite the fact that the buttons were funcional, I soldered in a new one and unfortunately, the problem persists. The same problems occurs where it spits out my key fob. Any other suggestions ?
The FOB battery is only for the buttons, not for the FOB recognition to be able to start the car. Clearly the FOB either failed or became unpaired with the car. Only a dealer can fix that, unless you can find someone who bought one of the expensive diagnostic computers.

Old 02-24-2021 | 04:26 PM
|
8th Gear

Originally Posted by flybd5
The FOB battery is only for the buttons, not for the FOB recognition to be able to start the car. Clearly the FOB either failed or became unpaired with the car. Only a dealer can fix that, unless you can find someone who bought one of the expensive diagnostic computers.
right, that’s definitely what I’ve been told, and I figured, but do you have any idea exactly what “recognizes” the fob?

Old 02-24-2021 | 04:29 PM
Pro Wrench

The start control module is located in the instrument panel, adjacent to the steering column. It is used as a primary method to authorize the FOB. The FOB is inserted into the start control module slot with the key fob loop trailing. The start control module draws the remote handset into the slot once inserted. The start control module will then read the transponder within the remote handset and, if the transponder identification is valid, pass the identification data to the CJB to be processed. If not, it spits it out.

Old 02-24-2021 | 04:36 PM
|
8th Gear

Originally Posted by flybd5
The start control module is located in the instrument panel, adjacent to the steering column. It is used as a primary method to authorize the FOB. The FOB is inserted into the start control module slot with the key fob loop trailing. The start control module draws the remote handset into the slot once inserted. The start control module will then read the transponder within the remote handset and, if the transponder identification is valid, pass the identification data to the CJB to be processed. If not, it spits it out.
although I am not optimistic on this question, could I replace the module itself entirely, or replace the “fob recognition” and bypass entirely ?

Old 02-24-2021 | 05:50 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Jesse Almaraz
although I am not optimistic on this question, could I replace the module itself entirely, or replace the “fob recognition” and bypass entirely ?
What you are suggesting is akin to replacing the engine because the battery went bad. New FOB's are cheap and it costs about $150 to get them programmed for your car. Let the dealer figure it out.