LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

LR2 inexplicably swerved off the road

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR2 inexplicably swerved off the road

I have a 2010 LR2 with 106k miles. Today my car jerked to the right and started to skid sideways and ran off the road through a ditch, up a hill over small trees and stopped when hitting a fallen tree. Scary stuff. I was on a straight-away, no hill, decent road, no precipitation or wetness, no curves, and no traffic around me going 50 in a 45. Next thing I know I am skidding sideways, no control, anti-locks seemed to kick in but I hit grass and car kept going. Luckily I was not injured.

Long story short, I was driving home from the shop. I got brand new tires, oil change, and wheel alignment done a few days ago. The mechanic said if I have any issues to bring it back. That was friday. Didnt drive more than 2-3 miles over the weekend. Took it in Mon morning and told them it pulled a tiny bit left, but felt great. I only had an issue with the actual steering wheel unit being cocked a few degrees left. It was a pain to turn and blinkers wouldnt disengage. They said all wheels were green & when they tried to fix wheel, it would throw the alignment completely off. So they aligned the wheels and said expert would be in tuesday and to come back. So I drove home 10 miles with wheel a but to left but alignment good. Then the swerve happened. It was literally like someone in the passenger seat reached over and yanked my wheel down to the right. Tow truck towed it back to auto shop. I did not try to drive it. See pics.

I noticed when I briefly drove my car that a light started blinking with circle arrow in triangle flashing (CDL I believe). Info also said "all-terrain malfunction, check the manual (i). The traction seemed to slip and become unbalanced.
So did the cpu fail causing transmission traction balance getting out of whack and losing control? It was crazy! Can a CDL failure cause the car to spin out on a straightaway?

1. Anyone ever heard of this?
2. Who is responsible? The auto shop or Land Rover?

I could have easily hit a tree and died.
Who is responsible here? I did nothing wrong while driving.
Are there known transmission or traction issues in this model??? I have seen many reports of rear suspension and traction problems with this model.

Last edited by NeillJ; 10-08-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Adding language
Old 10-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 715 Likes on 601 Posts

There person responsible is the owner. Did you have it aligned, serviced at a Rover shop by Rover trained and certified technicians? They would not have had an issue with alignments at all. And as for what happened, sounds like *maybe* when they did their work something was not torqued down to spec or you have a component fail outright, like a tie-rod. The vehicle should be looked over to see if anything failed to cause this.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Or a tire blow out