LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

O2 Sensor weird connector

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 03:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 519 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by geotrash
Yes, I get that. But I think we're talking past each other here. It's not clear from your posts if the connector you actually have is either of the two you pictured. Hence my confusion.
Ah. I have the one with more oval ends.

The following users liked this post:
geotrash (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 03:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by flybd5
Ah. I have the one with more oval ends.
I just checked my stash in the garage thinking the ones I took out would be in there, but none of the connectors matched what yours has. All of that said, thinking back on it now, I remember having a devil of a time getting sensors with the right connector also, and splicing didn't work because the pin configuration and wiring colors were different. I think I just went to Autozone and went through all of the ones their system said would fit until we found a match. They were Denso though - that much I'm sure of.

Last edited by geotrash; 01-29-2024 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:02 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by geotrash
I just checked my stash in the garage thinking the ones I took out would be in there, but none of the connectors matched what yours has. All of that said, thinking back on it now, I remember having a devil of a time getting sensors with the right connector also, and splicing didn't work because the pin configuration and wiring colors were different. I think I just went to Autozone and went through all of the ones their system said would fit until we found a match. They were Denso though - that much I'm sure of.
Heh. I did that too. Every single sensor on their website is out of stock.

The following users liked this post:
geotrash (01-29-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 09:18 AM
Pro Wrench

Ok, so both connectors for the 02 upstream sensors are exactly the same and both will not work with an LR001459 sensor (for which the goats at the dealer want over US$500 for just one!) I compared the plugs on the sensors and it turns out on the new one the pins are slightly lower than on the old one, which is why it will not fit. It just won't plug in. Does anyone know what in the actual f*** is a-going on here??? This is really pissing me off.

Old 02-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by flybd5
Ok, so both connectors for the 02 upstream sensors are exactly the same and both will not work with an LR001459 sensor (for which the goats at the dealer want over US$500 for just one!) I compared the plugs on the sensors and it turns out on the new one the pins are slightly lower than on the old one, which is why it will not fit. It just won't plug in. Does anyone know what in the actual f*** is a-going on here??? This is really pissing me off.
Problem solved. I bought a new sensor from Autozone that said it was compatible, cut off the wrong connector and spliced the other connector that does work with solder and heat shrink tubing. I then wrapped the wires with heat-resistant electrical tape and had my mechanic install it. After a couple of "WTF? YOU FIXED IT?" hesitations from the computer, the code finally cleared up and no check engine light.

Of course, my smarta** coworker said "The bulb probably burned out." 🤣🤣🤣

The following 2 users liked this post by flybd5:
geotrash (02-10-2024), guy (02-29-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 03:24 PM
Winching
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Glad to hear that you got this solved! But I'm confused about the sequence of parts replacement. DIdn't you previously replace the O2 sensors? Did one of the recent replacements fail?

Old 02-06-2024, 07:41 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by LR2driver
Glad to hear that you got this solved! But I'm confused about the sequence of parts replacement. DIdn't you previously replace the O2 sensors? Did one of the recent replacements fail?
Yes, one of them failed less than a year after I installed it and I am currently working with eBay to force him to honor the warranty. It helps that I used to work for eBay in Germany as a contractor.

Old 02-06-2024, 09:44 PM
Pro Wrench

I just thought of something. I think my upstream sensor sockets are the same as the downstream ones, and that is why an upstream sensor won't plug in correctly. But how the heck would I get downstream sensor sockets in the harness where upstream sensor socket should be?

Old 02-28-2024, 07:35 PM
Pro Wrench

This problem is driving me crazy. Four sensors tried, all four returned because they won't fit into the socket, even though they all say they are OEM compatible with the LR001459. I may just wind up at a scrapyard and get an old sensor just to get the right plug, which I can easily splice.

Old 02-28-2024, 07:48 PM
Winching
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Any chance that your OEM exhaust components were swapped out to non-OEM by a previous vehicle owner?

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor weird connector