LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Parrot Bluetooth installed+audio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parrot Bluetooth installed+audio upgrade

I just had parrot MK6100 kit installed into my LR2-I was able to find integration harness (from http://www.nicestuffonline.com) which allows to install Parrot without splicing into factory harness -Parrot kit works just fine, and there is one advantagecomparing to OEMsystem: Parrot's display can be mounted anywhere on top of the dash, so you don't have to look down atthe HUdisplay (which takes your eyes off the road ).

I will post pics when get digital camera ( I am still in the stone age using 35 mm film).

The kit was installed by a pro audio/alarm shop that I used before.

Toal cost: parrot $200.00
Harness $179.00
Installation $150.00
Total #529.00 -cheaper then just the parts from LR for OEM BT (>$600.00)

I had2 Boston Acoustics 6.5" speakers, so after Parrot was in, asked the guy to pull one of the rear speakers (I did not like howrear speakers sounded), to see if Bostons could be installed instead.

Of course, there was this cheap looking (and sounding) 6.5 woofer made by Philips in China, so Bostons went into the rear doors.

After seeing the rear speakers I asked to pull out the fronts which turned out to be the same cheap Phillips woofer with tweeter in the sail -so he says: "I got here some JL Audio component speakers if you want..."-
Yes, I wanted, and those 6" JL components are in the front doors now.

It turns out that OEM HU IS NOT BAD-with new speakers the frequencies really opened up-clearer highs, more base, and just cleaner sound overall.

OEM amp. seems to be able to drive new speakers without any distortion at moderate volums (15-20 on HU).

Now I'm looking to upgrade the sub-JL Audio does make 6" sub, I need to take OEM plastic box apart to make sure JL would fit.