LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Rear Door tailgate latch moulding

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:41 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Door tailgate latch moulding

I have a 2009 LR2 HSE and that grey rear door moulding that houses the door latch and lights has to be replaced. I believe it's part LR020189 and I found one on landrovermerriam for $105. I've never ordered parts before but now that I have a land rover I'm trying to do what I can myself. I'm not sure if there will be additional charges for shipping it to Ontario, Canada but I'm just curious if I have to get that exact same grey moulding or if there is anything better looking from another model that will be compatible?

I seem to recall watching a video on youtube where someone replaced his (on a freelander I think) with a better looking chrome colored part from another model. I'm not really crazy about the style of the one I have.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:36 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think Land Rover produced chrome tailgate handles, I can't find part numbers for a chrome one in the online parts catalog.

The chrome part you have seen was probably an aftermarket stick-on product, like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...QAAOSwnHZYgxpx

Or was it this one:
Which is the handle of a later model. The part number of that one is LR026340 but it requires painting.

Last edited by grumsel; 11-18-2017 at 08:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lr2D2 (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 03:42 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that is the video I saw. That stick on chrome piece might be the best solution for me. I was considering trying some chrome paint but that seems a bit risky with all the mixed reviews and I'm not sure how well it would adhere to that stuff.
I love the look of the lr2 but always felt the back could use a little help.
Thanks for the links I'm finding a lot of interesting upgrades. I noticed there are also some chrome vent mouldings for the dash for a 2002 freelander. I could use something like that too. The black vents on mine have been cleaned with something that seems to have caused them to whiten.
I guess I might as well do everything all at once. Also need a new rear wiper motor and turn signal light covers as the chrome is chipping off mine.
Looks like I'm going to be hunting for my ancient eBay login.
Thanks for the help!

Old 11-18-2017, 05:47 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Chrome vent mouldings you can also find on aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Chro...StoreLevelAB=0 or https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...StoreLevelAB=0 (first I found, there are probably more for different prices)
They often ship stuff for free. It's for sure not original Land Rover and the quality is a bit of a gamble. Some is good, some is bad. I bought some parts there and was lucky most of the time.

Last edited by grumsel; 11-19-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Lr2D2,

I actually have the rear door handle thing for an LR2. I have the old one for mine. There is nothing wrong with it at all. I had to have the rear door replaced on my LR2 due to vandalism and when the auto body shop ordered the new back door, one of those came with it. But there was nothin wrong with the old one, so I kept it just in case. So I figured maybe you would be interested in a used one? If so PM me and we can chat further.

Thanks,

Lazerbrains