LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Should I buy it....used LR2.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy it....used LR2.

So I have wanted an LR2 for some time now, and just sucessfully sold my current car (mazdaspeed3). I test drove an HSE without nav, but it had the cold climate and lighting package, I loved it but it was brand new and a little too rich for my blood.

Fast forward to today....

I have done a lot of hunting to find a deal, and have tracked down a LR2 SE with all the options, nav, cold climate, and ligthing. The interior is absolutely mint like brand new. The exterior is excellent with just one small door ding. The car has 22k miles and they were asking 28.5, I talked them down to 27k...does this seem like a pretty good price? The only reason I am concerned is because I had to pass up on a nearly identical car 4 months ago because I hadn't sold my car yet. At that time, it was the same car with only 10k miles going for 27k in salt lake city. What do you guys think?

Sean

Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 PM
4wd Low
Default RE: Should I buy it....used LR2.

I paid 32,500 for a brand new LR2 SE a few months back. Fully loaded withcold, lighting, and nav, with about 700 miles on the odo, DELIVERED.No dings, no problems etc. 22K is more than 1/2 through the warranty if I recall correctly, 27K seems to be too high.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Overlanding

I agree, 22k is alot of miles for a car that was release a year ago. And Karl, how in the worl do you get a brand new LR2 delivered with 700 miles? With gas prices so high SUV's have lost their value. At least until it snows.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:45 PM
4wd Low

I'm not sure where the miles came from. It wasn't a loaner (too low). From what I understand it was a show car for some show out in CO (maybe for the LR2 debut?).

I couldn't justify the price difference between the SE and the HSE.

I agree, we're in the summer months now, gas prices at their highest (well, they will only go up). Takes about $70 to fill up the LR2 around these parts. Gets 20.5 avg mpg though, so it's not the worst.SUVs are not a hot ticket right now. I'd push harder, that mileage is a killer.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:48 AM
4wd High

I'd like to get a bit lower, but I don't think it's going to happen...and I don't want to pass this deal by. Threre simply isn't any deals even close to this, particularly through a private seller (or dealer for that matter))....if I purchase through a dealer I have to pay sales tax in AZ, however, if I purchase through a private seller I do not. On the bright side, I will probablyput less than 8k on it a year. Also, the miles seem higher than normal, they were one of the firsts to recieve this car, so they have had it for well over a year.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:36 AM
4wd Low

Check on that tax thing. In my state, no, you DO NOT pay sales tax when you buy a car on a private transaction, but you DO pay it when you go to register the car. Uncle Sam always likes to get their money!

And I wouldn't sugggest altering the bill of sale to match an agreeable taxable amount... That bill of sale is your proof that you bought the car, should something happen, the seller would only be responsible for returning the number on that bill of sale.

Have you asked if any dealers have any that are coming off loaner status? Around me, they come off around the first oil change, which seems to be in the 7K range, MUCH less than the 22K from the other guy. They usually let those loaners go for much less than a new one. The one loaner I drove was nice enough, although I doubt you'll get NAV in a loaner. It will probably have everything else.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 PM
4wd High

Well in Arizona the cost to register the car is the same regardless of where or how you purchase it. If it is a used car however, and you buy it form a dealer you get taxed by the state 5.5% and another 1.5% by the city, that's 7% overall that would equate to nearly 2k dollars.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
4th Gear

I bought a 2008 LR2 HSE (cold climate/bluetooth and Sat) for around $35k here in CO. I'd hesitate to buy an SE period, because it really is an "old" model. I would think there might be some downside to future resale.

The dealers here weren't too interested in discounting the demo models drastically.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:12 PM
4wd Low

Have you ever registered a car yourself in your area? I ask because in my parts, our local DMV collects all taxes at the time of registration. When the dealer goes to DMV to register the car, they pay the tax, same as if I went to register the same car.

I'm trying to avoid a surprise come registration time. Like I said, Uncle Sam will get his money, he is very good at closing all the loopholes.

ORIGINAL: KBLR2
The dealers here weren't too interested in discounting the demo models drastically.
Really? Around here, I could have gotten a demo HSE fully loadedfor around the 32.5K but they had the miles.New, they wouldn't do, about 4K more than the SE model, and wheels and paint just don't account for the additional 4K.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Three Wheeling

The Dealer I bought mine off of last month had over 19 LR2 HSE Service Loaners that were going for $29K. Don't be foolish and buy a used LR2 SE with over 25,000 miles on the dash for 27k. Thats half the factory warranty eaten up.

HOW ABOUT BUY A NEW 08 LR2 HSE SERVICE LOANER FOR $29,995? Too good to be true? Go here http://cincinnati-lr.landroverretail...hicleSpecials/

They have five LR2 HSE's left out of 19. All HSE's!

Call Mark Smith @ 513 791 1000 and you will not be disappointed. They will ship nationally and were the 13th Land Rover dealer to open in the US.