LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 LR3 Problems - Did I make a mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 LR3 Problems - Did I make a mistake?

Hello All,
New to this forum and wanted to say it has been extremely informative! So thank you all! Now here is my problem. I am starting to worry. I haven't even made my first payment and the truck has been into the shop twice. First for the inaccurate tire pressure warning lights and second (appt on Monday) my sunroof will not open. No sound from the motor, no nothing. Granted, it is -20 now in Chicago so I don't need it now but I am a little worried. Is this the beginning of the end? Are all the rumors about Land Rovers true? You become best friends with the service managers. I love the vehicle but I have enough friends and would rather not have to know them on a first name basis.

As I said, I love the truck, I just hope these problems do not continue... Especially before I make my first payment!

Thanks for listening to me vent...

Old 12-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: '08 LR3 Problems - Did I make a mistake?

My bet is its because its frozen shut. Do you park it outside? Do the rest of the windows work fine? If they do you might want to look to see if there is a blown fuse. Land Rovers are great vehicles but, they have some quirks that you'll have to deal with from time to time. On most brand new ones, all the quirks have yet to be worked out. After a few months it should be well broken in and work great. Thats how it is with most vehicles though, it is the first few miles that will have the most issues, and most are kind of insignificant. You didn't say the mileage, so I am assuming it is new and doesn't have that many on it.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

I bought my LR3 in Jan 2006 and now have 84,000+ miles on it. The only repair I've (other than regular maintenance stuff...tires, brake pads etc.) had is a blown air pump that was replaced under warranty. I live in the mountains and just this last week I pulled a Nissan Armada and a BMW 5 series out of the snow while I myself was on the hardpack snow/ice w/o chains (I've got to get around to buying these soon!!). I may just be incredibly lucky, but I've driven in Death Valley and the unplowed backroads here in the SoCal mountains and my LR3 has always gotten me home. I hear a lot of discussion of problems and Land Rover's low ranking on the JD Powers problem listing, but I for one am incredibly impressed by the capabilities and ruggedness of my LR3. I also own a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition, which is also a great off road vehicle in its' own right, but I have driven the LR3 in some situations where I'm not sure I could have gotten the Jeep through. Hopefully, your problems are minor and when corrected will allow you many years of great service from your LR3. Give the LR3 a chance and I think you'll find as I have that it really is one incredible vehicle. Take care,

Steve Klasna

Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first of all make sure the battery isnt a snow cone. then when the idiots at the dealer try to replace it tell them to check the ground on the passenger side of the engine, its probably loose. It appears someone at the land rover factory was over served for a period of 2 months and couldnt figure out that you have to start the bolt before you put an impact on it scott

Old 12-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Drifting

I had the same issue with mine and two separate dealerships told me it is caused from the battery being disconnected for a long periods of time. All they have to do is take it in for 15 min and reprogram it and it will work just fine. I love my LR3. I am a college student and have owned 22 cars and my LR3 is by far the best car I have ever owned. I love it more than anything. I will buy another one in a couple year when the warranty runs out. My garage will always be occupied with a Land Rover. Stick with it. I agree that the bugs just need to be worked out. Mine did and has been great ever since.