LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 LR3 HSE Middle Dome light issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 02:27 AM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2006 LR3 HSE Middle Dome light issue

I have a 2006 LR3 with a Rosen G10 (i believe) dvd entertainment system. I was replacing a busted dome light when somehow shorted something out. So I was able to replace the fuse that went out and it is back working again. However, the lights on the Rosen which acts as my middle dome lights do not turn off and is stuck on when I click the switch in the main lights or the dome light button both in the Rosen unit and the remote that came with it. Please help.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default pull the fuse again

I do not know what fuse you are speaking of, however remove it for say five minutes and then reinstall.

The centre Rosen lights may not be in sync with the vehicle circuit.

If that does not work, try finding the fuse that powers the Rosen unit itself - perhaps that was the one you blew - and pull it for five minutes or so.

The link below has three or four files specific to the Rosen A10 unit in our 3. The files include wiring diagrams, install and user manuals.

The electrical hookup is more complicated than one might think as it ties to the entertainment system audio but the answer will be in those files.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - NAV Radio BlueTooth phone and Rosen DVD

Old 12-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Mudding

pulled the fuse for the dome lights (F1 in the fusebox located behind the glove box) and issue still persists.. pulled the dvd unit out and leaving it out for 24 hours... started the car after pulling it out, then ill probably drive around before reinstalling the unit... hopefully that will work

im not sure which fuse they tied the unit into... all I know is that when the fuse blew, the map lights went out as well but when i replaced the F1 fuse, the lights and the DVD unit worked again...

Old 12-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Mudding

did everything as recommended by bbyer... still the same issue... Now i believe the unit dome lights are malfunctioning... now to find someone who can repair it.... SMH

Old 12-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Default remove the bulbs for a week or so

Before you try anything expensive, just remove the bulbs for a week or so and then install them back, one at a time.

Fixing anything Land Rover takes lots of time and patience. You have to figure out what is wrong, or not, before you can fix whatever. That takes time.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Mudding

Ive been emailing Rosen tech support and also followed their advice. They said that it could be something that shorted out when I was removing the bulbs. They said it is highly unlikely but is possible. The funny thing is that when I lock the car it turns off. I have also left it as is for quite some time and make the safety feature kick in, but no success. I pressed the reset button a handful of times as well

I have emailed a couple of Rosen dealers and mobile electronics installers close to me and see if they can or know anyone that could repair it. Hopefully I get promising replies....

Originally Posted by bbyer
Before you try anything expensive, just remove the bulbs for a week or so and then install them back, one at a time.

Fixing anything Land Rover takes lots of time and patience. You have to figure out what is wrong, or not, before you can fix whatever. That takes time.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Pro Wrench
Default Defective bulb?

While very unlikely, consider that one of the bulbs even though they illuminate, is in some manner internally defective.

In other words, try switching with other similar bulbs and see if you get the same results.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by bbyer
While very unlikely, consider that one of the bulbs even though they illuminate, is in some manner internally defective.

In other words, try switching with other similar bulbs and see if you get the same results.
i'll look into that as well. thanks

Old 12-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

I'm parting a 3 with a perfectly functioning Rozen DVD system. If you need some parts for it please PM me