LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension Fault after new pump install

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019 | 10:00 AM
|
Drifting
Default Air Suspension Fault after new pump install

Just purchased an 07 LR3 on the cheap because the air suspension was down. Tested pump and it was bad. Figured it probably had a leaky shock that caused it to over run and burned it up. Anyway, I got a new pump (AMK) and installed. Suspension pumped up quickly but the rear pumped up higher than the front and is in off road level and I cannot lower it. The rear sits noticeable higher than the front. I am getting fault code C1A13-64 for gallery failed to relieve pressure.

I have done searches but no one has posted a definite fix and there are lots of guesses as to what will fix the issue.

Has anyone had first hand experience with this or can point me in the right direction.

Old 06-26-2019 | 11:46 AM
Baja

Is it a genuine AMK?

Did you reflash the software for an AMK?

The following users liked this post:
arnottdoug (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019 | 01:46 PM
Mudding

Abran,
can a GAP tool not attached to his 3 re-flash for the AMK? I'm still unclear as to the extent of the capability of my GAP tool for other vehicles, seeing I do not know anyone else with a LR3. Outside of you fine folks!

Doxster22,
If so I live in Thomasville and would offer to help out if needed! If so let me know, we can hook up.

Old 06-26-2019 | 03:27 PM
|
Drifting

Sorry, that was a misprint. I swapped in another Hitachi compressor, same as OE. I was confused after reading so much stuff on it lately. Direct swapped Hitachi for Hitachi.

Old 06-27-2019 | 01:46 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by scoutrover13
Abran,
can a GAP tool not attached to his 3 re-flash for the AMK? I'm still unclear as to the extent of the capability of my GAP tool for other vehicles, seeing I do not know anyone else with a LR3. Outside of you fine folks!

Doxster22,
If so I live in Thomasville and would offer to help out if needed! If so let me know, we can hook up.
Yes, its already in the tool, no need to request a file.

Old 06-27-2019 | 01:47 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by doxster22
Sorry, that was a misprint. I swapped in another Hitachi compressor, same as OE. I was confused after reading so much stuff on it lately. Direct swapped Hitachi for Hitachi.
New Hitachi? Sounds like an exhaust valve fault. Im guessing faulty compressor out of the box. If not then it would be your main valve block right next to the compressor. But thats a rare problem.

Last edited by abran; 06-27-2019 at 01:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by abran:
DakotaTravler (02-06-2021), Flyun (02-07-2021)
Old 02-05-2021 | 11:44 AM
8th Gear
Default C1a13-64, c1a18-64 fault after new hitachi compressor

C1a13-64, c1a18-64 fault after new hitachi compressor. I have replaced 3 air compressors, flashed the software, replaced both air blocks front and back, and I still keep getting these faults. I am inclined to take the compressor a part and check the filter, as that has been shown to be the problem on other threads... however I can’t believe all 3 new ones would have that same problem. I have a new air reservoir that I could put on but mine is not leaking, maybe could be blocked but I get all kinds of weird faults. Some say increases too quick, others say decreases too quick, and it only happens when it’s below 25 degrees f. I am wondering could it be the suspension ecu ? Or something I’m missing. Pls help!

Old 02-06-2021 | 12:26 AM
Three Wheeling

Center valve block plug connections get corroded and causes this issue. It is that the center valve block cannot vent so the pressure stays in the system Often this manifests by the rear jacking way up or the front dropping low before the fault occurs. It tries to vent so all 4 corners connect to the gallery which can't exhaust because the center block won't actuate and the pressure drains from the front to the back. I'd try cleaning up the contacts and adding a little di-electric grease to keep them from corroding as the simple step. The more complex would be to replace or rebuild.

Old 02-06-2021 | 05:21 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Flyun
Center valve block plug connections get corroded and causes this issue. It is that the center valve block cannot vent so the pressure stays in the system Often this manifests by the rear jacking way up or the front dropping low before the fault occurs. It tries to vent so all 4 corners connect to the gallery which can't exhaust because the center block won't actuate and the pressure drains from the front to the back. I'd try cleaning up the contacts and adding a little di-electric grease to keep them from corroding as the simple step. The more complex would be to replace or rebuild.

omg thank you. I didn’t know there was a central air block. I’m fairly new to land rovers and air suspension. I actually have that new block too. I thought they shipped me the wrong one for the rear but now it makes perfect sense. Can’t wait to try that!!! Thanks again!

Old 02-06-2021 | 10:21 AM
Camel Trophy

Is it an ACTUAL Hitachi branded pump? If now your issue is pretty common with certain aftermarket pumps. Its like the exhaust solenoid is horribly out of spec and causes issues (theory). But I have seen this happen a few times, even the forum has at least one large thread with the same issue, end result was a proper Hitachi pump and fault went away.

The center valve block serves one primary purpose, to open and close air to the reservoir. It does not control gallery air flow in anyway from front to back, to the compressor, etc. It only has one solenoid inside. But it does contain the system pressure sensor for the galley. If the sensor is defective you can get lots of weird issues. Or if the valve is leaking, it can be dumping reservoir pressure into the gallery which is trying to vent, but the reservoir would have to be loaded first with air.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Fault after new pump install