LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension question 2006 LR3 V8 SE

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension question 2006 LR3 V8 SE

I have an 06 LR3 and have noticed that if the vehicle sits for a couple of days it lowers itself down as far as she goes. As soon as I start the vehicle it adjust up quickly to normal height and drives great. I have NO suspension faults or any warning lights shown. I do notice the air compressor kicks on periodically and shuts off as if it is working correctly??? Not sure though. The compressor is heard but not overly loud from what I can tell. Last night i did hear a buzzing sound for about 40-60 seconds by the rear passenger side wheel after I shut her down. Anyone have ideas on what needs to be done if anything?? Just purchased the truck 3 weeks ago.. Any help would be awesome!!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcmurra
I have an 06 LR3 and have noticed that if the vehicle sits for a couple of days it lowers itself down as far as she goes. As soon as I start the vehicle it adjust up quickly to normal height and drives great. I have NO suspension faults or any warning lights shown. I do notice the air compressor kicks on periodically and shuts off as if it is working correctly??? Not sure though. The compressor is heard but not overly loud from what I can tell. Last night i did hear a buzzing sound for about 40-60 seconds by the rear passenger side wheel after I shut her down. Anyone have ideas on what needs to be done if anything?? Just purchased the truck 3 weeks ago.. Any help would be awesome!!

If you leave the vehicle at normal height ( I assume you are not dropping it for exit/entry) and it is at the bump stops a few days later that indicates a leak somewhere. Either one of the springs or the valve blocks.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to lower evenly on all four wheels and yes, I leave it set at standard height when I park it.. If I find a leak and need to maybe replace a valve,, is it an easy task?? Would I have to de-flate the whole system??

Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

yes you have to let the air out but you can let it out at the valve. just be careful if its the rear valve. don't let your arm get trapped between the body and the frame. That happened once and my arm get stuck. Not pretty.
But to diagnose a valve put the vehicle in regular height, then disconnect the battery. the part that goes down is the problem. if the front end goes down its the front valve if the rear end goes down its the rear valve.