LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air suspension warning light on after the selected height reached

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:24 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy air suspension warning light on after the selected height reached

Hello everyone, its my pleasure to be here and post my issues with air suspension with you and I really appreciate any help and suggestion.

I just bought a 2008 LR3, with 118000 miles on dash.the car runs good, the previous owner just changed the compressor ( yes only the compressor, with dryer too, I guess).

The problem is, every time when I start the car, the compressor will work for a while, around 3-5 mins, with a loud noise, and then once the car reaches its selected height, the compressor with be turned off and then the amber warning light comes on and message " suspension fault" comes out on screen. The car can run and I didn`t feel too much shake so I suppose the air suspension system can hold the car in its proper height but I just have no idea why the amper warning light keeping on for all the time --- until I turn the car off.

related problem is if I drive the car without waiting for the compressor fill the air in the suspension system, then the air will not be filled during car`s running and the warning light will turn to red and " maximum speed 30 mph" will come out which is the worst part of this issue...

Hope I have described the problem clear enough and I appreciate any analysis and discussions..

Old 06-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

This is interesting because it sounds like two separate issues. The compressor sounds wacky...maybe something went wrong on the install. Maybe an AMK compressor went in but the software (and relay) didn't get updated.

The red "keep it under 30 mph" bit sounds more like a cross-articulation fault but I suppose could still be related to the above.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:51 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

Originally Posted by houm_wa
This is interesting because it sounds like two separate issues. The compressor sounds wacky...maybe something went wrong on the install. Maybe an AMK compressor went in but the software (and relay) didn't get updated.

The red "keep it under 30 mph" bit sounds more like a cross-articulation fault but I suppose could still be related to the above.
an

Just checked the brand of the compressor, it is an AMK and I believe the software didn`t update yet. Will do it in the dealer and hope can resolve this issue. Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

You're welcome and I hope that solves it....also don't forget the new relay!