LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best code reading tool to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016 | 08:34 AM
Winching

I actually use my smartphone combined with the DashCommand app and an ELM OBDII to WiFi dongle. Total cost, about $20. Can read and clear codes, see any PIDs (sensor outputs) in real time, and more. Yes, the eBay ELM adapter is a bit flaky, but works alright.

https://www.google.com/search?q=elm+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

I'll still probably be getting a GAP IID tool once my bank account recovers from replacing the entire engine, but for basic code reading and clearing and checking metrics it works fine.

Old 07-22-2016 | 07:32 AM
|
Three Wheeling
Default Thank you.

I think Im going to get the iCarsoft i930 as suggested by BritishautoworksSD ... and like KMET mentioned: Im not going to do the maj. fixing myself so I think for now this will work.
Thanks everyone.

Old 07-22-2016 | 09:53 AM
Three Wheeling

One follow-up question for Roverrrgirl: do you plan to go off-road? If so,you may want to reconsider the IID Tool for the same reason I got one. It is an insurance policy against a suspension fault which causes the vehicle to lower to the bump stops. We explore off-road a lot and the ability to manually command raising an individual corner (or 3 out of 4) may allow us to drive out of a remote area after an air bag or height sensor failure. The Gap Diagnostics tech support is unbelievably good, too.

-Rob

Old 07-22-2016 | 12:21 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by SoCal Rob
One follow-up question for Roverrrgirl: do you plan to go off-road? If so,you may want to reconsider the IID Tool for the same reason I got one. It is an insurance policy against a suspension fault which causes the vehicle to lower to the bump stops. We explore off-road a lot and the ability to manually command raising an individual corner (or 3 out of 4) may allow us to drive out of a remote area after an air bag or height sensor failure. The Gap Diagnostics tech support is unbelievably good, too.

-Rob
Roverrrgirl's gone to the dark side....She's having someone install coilovers.

Old 07-22-2016 | 06:19 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by KMET
Roverrrgirl's gone to the dark side....She's having someone install coilovers.
LOL dark side? ...I think I'll be liking my LR3 much more after conversion
..I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 07-22-2016 | 06:20 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by SoCal Rob

-Rob
Rob, I dont do much off roading with the Lr3 so Im converting it to Coils in the next few weeks

Old 07-23-2016 | 02:01 AM
Camel Trophy
Default You've been advised...

So you are kind of on your own at this point. The coil-conversion is mostly frowned upon, and the IIDTool is the best value period.

You won't get much sympathy from me if you ask for advice, get it...and then ignore it.

Also, your pictures show big man-hands. What's up with that?

Old 07-23-2016 | 07:22 AM
|
Three Wheeling
Default houm_wa needs to retire from this forum

Originally Posted by houm_wa
So you are kind of on your own at this point. The coil-conversion is mostly frowned upon, and the IIDTool is the best value period.

You won't get much sympathy from me if you ask for advice, get it...and then ignore it.

Also, your pictures show big man-hands. What's up with that?
houm_wa just because I dont want to spend thousands of $$ like you on the air suspension and Diagnostic Tools doesn't mean I dont appreciate and understand Land Rovers ...I owned five so far and right now my off road vehicle WITH AIR susp. is my '07 Range Rover Supercharged which is probably more than you'll ever own.
I also noticed that you tend to be very rude and condescending to other members in this forum especially if they dont share your same believes which is NOT what this forum is all about therefore I think you need to retire from this forum and get some help for your hanger.

As far as the man hands comment... I can send you a picture of my pu**y if that will help you remember what a girl looks like.

Some members quit this forum because of your rude comments ...my advise: Be careful who you comment to....

I will continue to give feedback after the coil conversion its done on my LR3 to anyone interested. AB is sold out of these kits because more and more pips decided on the conversion vs selling their Rover thats called commitment my rude friend.

Finally I will welcome any comments and suggestions in the future from mature members ..However I will NOT accept Nor respond to ANY of yours from now on.
No wonder you dont have any friends since you signed up in 2009 ...shame on you houm_wa! this time you got yours.
Name:  Rover%20f%20u_zpsc0un7i8n.jpg
Views: 4228
Size:  296.2 KB

Last edited by Roverrrgirl; 07-23-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-23-2016 | 09:02 AM
Baja

Touché! Bien joué madam.

The following users liked this post:
KMET (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016 | 12:05 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by abran
Touché! Bien joué madam.

Je vous remercie Thanks

Quick Reply: Best code reading tool to buy?