LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:43 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

If I can make and receive phone calls with my iPhone on my LR3, why can't I listen to my music? It seems to me the phone is using the me unit. Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

Old 08-11-2012, 06:05 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

phone and music are separate. on an LR3 you have to hook up an audio cable to run it in aux mode and then use the iphone to change the music.

Sorry phones are not able to send the music wirelessly to the radio just yet.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:21 PM
4th Gear
Default Does not stay connected

Did you ever experience problems with losing the bluetooth connection? I just purchased an 07 LR3. Found the bluetooth code in the manual and my iphone4 connected pretty easily. Problem is, once I leave the car, come back, the phone (or car) loses connection (I have to plug in the code again). I had a Chevy that never lost the bluetooth connection. If my iphone was 5 feet within the car, it would automatically sync up. Isn't the LR3 supposed to work the same way? Thanks

Old 10-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patmac99
Did you ever experience problems with losing the bluetooth connection? I just purchased an 07 LR3. Found the bluetooth code in the manual and my iphone4 connected pretty easily. Problem is, once I leave the car, come back, the phone (or car) loses connection (I have to plug in the code again). I had a Chevy that never lost the bluetooth connection. If my iphone was 5 feet within the car, it would automatically sync up. Isn't the LR3 supposed to work the same way? Thanks
You may need to get the "software" for the telephone module updated - do you get a list of dialed calls and access to the iPhone's phonebook currently ? If not,then that suggests you're not on the latest, which I believe improves pairing. I have an 07 and my connection to the iPhone 4S is rock solid. In fact the other day I was sitting in my local indie dealer reception and a call came in which got switched to the LR3 about 30 feet away through the wall. Surprised the heck out of the mechanic who was working on it at the time ;-0

Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM

I am having the same problem. How do i update the software for the phone module?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default software switch in phone

IPhone I know nothing about however my BlackBerry has a setting in the BlackBerry BlueTooth set up area to tell it to remember the BlueTooth setting and reattach itself when exposed to it. In other words, nothing to do with the LR BlueTooth software. My 3 is a model year 2005 with no updates.

The ignition / engine has to be running on the LR3 for it to latch and it sort of unlatches itself after the engine is turned off.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Tunelink bluetooth accessory

You can send music wirelessly to your stereo if you have a tunelink bluetooth audio accessory. It looks like a cigarette charger. Here's a link to what I have. Works great!!!
New Potato TuneLink Auto iPhone & iPod FM Transmitter Review

Old 06-02-2014, 03:05 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Icepilot27
If I can make and receive phone calls with my iPhone on my LR3, why can't I listen to my music? It seems to me the phone is using the me unit. Has anyone figured out a way to do this?
Here's how I made it work in my 2008 LR3 via the RCA jacks in the upper glove box. This unit works off 5 Volts DC:
Bluetooth Audio Adapter
It comes with the correct audio connector but you'll have to fashion your own power (an AC power adapter is supplied for household use). To fit it for my vehicle, I used a standard car phone (cigarette lighter-to-USB) charger, as they are 5 Volts DC—500mA was plenty. You’ll need to have, or borrow, a meter to check the wiring, since you’ll be splicing wires. It’s very important to get the positive & negative leads correct. Presumably, I’ve negated the Logitec warranty at this point, since I’ve cut the wire from the AC power adapter supplied. I don’t really care, though, ‘cause my LR3 now has Bluetooth Audio and it even stays connected simultaneously paired with the stock phone connection.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Any Updates?

I've noticed on my 2008 LR3 the Google Map navigation directions are played during a phone call, both through the LR3's speakers via bluetooth. This makes me believe that there might be a way for other audio to play, too, outside of a phone call. Has anyone heard of any way to get it to do that?

Old 11-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by pezastic
I've noticed on my 2008 LR3 the Google Map navigation directions are played during a phone call, both through the LR3's speakers via bluetooth. This makes me believe that there might be a way for other audio to play, too, outside of a phone call. Has anyone heard of any way to get it to do that?
Might be explored with a software fix, BUT it is far easier to add a bluetooth module that inputs to the 3 via the AUX port. If anyone could do it I would ask the GAP team but it really does not seem like a good effort. Messing with the onboard computer modules can work for things like firmware updates but the downside is that you risk bricking the ECU. Search here for other bluetooth threads, I and a few others added the module and they work well.