LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C1A13 after new AMK installed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C1A13 after new AMK installed...*SOLVED*

So I installed the AMK kit and the vehicle did not raise so I helped it with the lift, the front came up...the rear came sort of up on one side, other side is sitting on the bump stop. I get codes for right rear valve and rear cross link valve in addition to the C1A13 Pressure does not decreases when venting gallery...HELP!

Last edited by AdrenalinPlease; 12-02-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Winching

So I have reset the code several times and started the 3 several times and when I first start it it gives off this air whoosh from the compressor for a second and then the compressor starts up...just more info.

The rear valve plug isn't clipping into place so I ziptied it, guess that's why the code for rear valve was coming up?

Old 11-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Winching

1. Oh and a side note, I haven't had the software flashed yet. was hoping id be able to drive it to the dealer.

new development, suspension came up. Rear is extended and front is normal. What's happening now lol

Last edited by AdrenalinPlease; 11-16-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:21 AM
Winching

Even more newer development...
I left the truck overnight with the fuse out and measured all four corners...
came back to a lop sided mess, left rear on the bump stop, put the fuse back in started it up and it came up to normal height and threw the normal height only fault

Old 11-17-2016, 09:14 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Thought I would chime in on your one man thread.

Until you update the software there is no real solution as that is your "missing" link in the equation.

good luck in making it to the dealer for the update!

Old 11-17-2016, 10:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

Try to get it in a useable height, pull fuse F26 and go.

I have an emergency switch for just that purpose.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Winching

THANK YOU! At least I feel a little bit better.

NEW NEW NEW development...there is an air leak from the hose going into the left rear strut, but it is leaking from the bottom of the fitting, the nut itself...wtf?

Old 11-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default just normal air leaks

There are maybe three files within the link below related to the Voss connectors. The coloured cut thru per below of a typical Voss connector is within one of the files.

Once you study it, you will understand how the connectors seal, hence it is much easier to fix one if it is leaking.

As I said in a previous post, fixing the air system is a lot easier than the HVAC system; it is a challenge.

I guess by now you have concluded that the new AMK is OK and the problem is just leaks in the air system - that is normal, but can make all look bad.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - FASKIT Air Suspension Installation

Attached Thumbnails C1A13 after new AMK installed...-voss-system-203-union-cut-thru-vertical.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Winching

I replaced the voss fitting and the left rear is still sagging overnight. This didn't happen prior to me replacing the compressor, so I am guessing the bag is unseated? From going up and down on the lift...

Old 11-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Fuse F26E removed?

When you say the left rear is now dropping, is there power to the air system computer? In otherwords, is the F26E fuse still in place or did you remove it.

If the F26E fuse is in place, then the auto level system is alive and hence overnight, if you have a defective or out of range left rear wheel height sensor, then the system will let air out of the left rear air spring thinking that it is doing good. The auto level system is not really a vehicle leveling system but instead a wheel height sensor reading measuring system.

As such, get all corners pumped up etc, and then remove the F26E fuse and let your 3 sit overnight.

If the left rear is low next morning, then you have an air leak somewhere in the left rear circuit - perhaps the air spring, maybe the air line from the air spring, or perhaps within the rear block valve.

If all four corners are still up, then the problem is electrical and most likely relates to the left rear wheel height sensor.

One of the files within the link below speaks of the F26E fuse. I see that file now has over 3,200 views. The file also displays a jpg showing where the fuse is located.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - LR3 Air Suspension fuse 35P ECU Manual Shut Off Switch

Quick Reply: C1A13 after new AMK installed...