LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB mount question

Old 04-09-2019, 11:01 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB mount question

Hi everyone! Very new to the club! First post on the forum (after lurking the threads for months). I have an 06 lr3. Bought fairly recently. Still pretty much stock. Im looking to install a CB and 102" whip antenna on the truck. Ive seen many people with discos mount their antennas through a ball mount on the rear bumper. And i like the look of this mount But seeing as the bumper is plastic im a little confused as to how that would work any info/advice would be appreciated!

Old 04-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 708 Likes on 596 Posts

You can not see the bumpers on the LR3, you see the bumper covers. Pretty much how all modern vehicles are made. The actual bumper is underneath and solid metal. Remove the recovery point cover and you can see it. So once you punch through the plastic you have a solid surface. Assuming you are not too close to the edge.

The following users liked this post:
Hunter Flanagan (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 11:52 PM
4th Gear

Ahh i see. I assumed it would be something like that. Just wanted to get some input and make sure there wasnt some special trick. Thanks a lot for the help!

Old 04-10-2019, 01:54 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want to drag your CB ambitions down .. CB's look awesome and if your in groups they are awesome or if you get into an emergency out in the bush you just never know they could be a lifesaver .. but .. but

I spent a ton of money on a new CB .. the install was a pain .. tuned it . .lots of work ..

I turn it on and what do I hear .. ? Low Down dirty low life's cussing up a storm talking about everything from prison time served to some fat women he banged 30 years ago drunk and ran away in the morning .. not very PG. Not really the types of guys I wanna chat with .. your locale might be different than mine but .. when I turned it on .. I was pretty taken aback .. and wondered why I got it in the first place ..

Every time I turn it on .. same thing .. same voices .. same guys .. not a crowd I wanna be a part of... CB radios are awesome ,, .but just saying .. again your locale might be different than mine ..

Last edited by DavidOHendo; 04-10-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

I mounted mine on the spare tire holder

https://landroverforums.com/forum/ge...-review-92115/

Old 04-10-2019, 11:41 AM
4th Gear

Well im from the south so you still got a lot of old cbs out here especially with the offroad crowd. And i already had the radio and mount lying around so the only hassle was getting a new antenna. And also i travel all over the country for work and having a cb on the road seems like a good option to have.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Winching
Received 105 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Hood/fender mount

I have ham radio and GMRS, no CB but most small antennas mount about the same. I found d a company out of Australia that makes this braket.

Jeff

Old 04-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

CB’s are extremely useful tools. I have ran a 2ft antenna off my Roof Rack or the Bull Bar. Range would be better I’m sure with a longer antenna but I mainly use mine on the trails for coms

Old 04-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 358 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidOHendo
I don't want to drag your CB ambitions down .. CB's look awesome and if your in groups they are awesome or if you get into an emergency out in the bush you just never know they could be a lifesaver .. but .. but

I spent a ton of money on a new CB .. the install was a pain .. tuned it . .lots of work ..

I turn it on and what do I hear .. ? Low Down dirty low life's cussing up a storm talking about everything from prison time served to some fat women he banged 30 years ago drunk and ran away in the morning .. not very PG. Not really the types of guys I wanna chat with .. your locale might be different than mine but .. when I turned it on .. I was pretty taken aback .. and wondered why I got it in the first place ..

Every time I turn it on .. same thing .. same voices .. same guys .. not a crowd I wanna be a part of... CB radios are awesome ,, .but just saying .. again your locale might be different than mine ..

Old 04-11-2019, 04:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

We also get the idiots on our UHF CB's but only in the city, i only turn mine on when in the bush or if i want the low down on traffic conditions from truckers.
Mobile coverage drops of rather quickly once you leave the main highways and populated area's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CB mount question