LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clueless Girl Needs Help from Landy Man (hvac and software)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

it doesnt clunk off of a stop sign or traffic light?

you need to downshift and upshift when in command mode its for getting on the highway when you need a little more zip. you can shift in command to 4th then go over to full auto.

im asking does it clunk in command in 1st from a stop sign or stop light and does it clunk in 1st from a stop light in full auto? or is this just when hitting a bump at slow speed and accelerating. that will help.

yes remapping is the software update.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay. i will test it like that today. i wanted the software update but land rover said "because of the high miles this will not be beneficial and could actually make it worse" i have 118,000. Does that ring true to you? didn't make sense for me. Had the said the "year" is to old for it to work that would make sense. But the miles? And this isn't my interpretation of what they said. It is printed on the report. The only thing that makes me nervous about using the command shift is that it is one more thing that could break if it is used! lol. That is why I want to be sure I use it right. So if I work up to 5th gear then a light changes and I have do stop, are you saying I have to downshift 4 times to get back to first? Or will it shift down itself when you stop like that?

Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

It will downshift by itself while you slow down

Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. So here are the results. Did this twice now. Went over speed bumps and had the usual noise each time. Went into command shift and then it does "not" make the noise any more. Also, does not seem to do the lurching either. (would have to test it from that standpoint more to be sure on that one) As far as from a starting position does it ever make the noise without speed bumps involved. In general no. But there are a few lights where the road is a bit uneven that it has done it a few times at take off. Also, after speed bumps to get out of that parking lot is a light. So take off from that light it does it after having already gone over the dozens of speed bumps. I am curious to hear what you think any of this means. Command Shift vs: Auto Shift making noise then not making noise. Oh also, after command shift I put back into auto and went around the bumps again and then doesn't do it any more. Same thing second day. Auto shift = noise then Command shift = no noise then back to auto shift = noise stays gone. For that time only. Later it is back to doing it.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

seriously, do the update with the transmission and the pcm at the same time. it pays one hour plus topping off the transmission. if it still doesn't fix it then look into repairing the transmission.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Rovin4life - please take a peek at her other post about this with metal in the tranny fluid - https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...dor-oil-57234/

How much metal on the magnets in the pan or plug is "acceptable" ?