LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does an LR3 fit my needs/lifestyle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

imadazar....there is NO WAY that your MB Sedan is out-performing a Pajero in the snow. Sorry, my friend. If anything, you are a skilled driver and the person driving the Mitsubishi was not. All things considered and equal driving skill at the wheel, I'll take the Montero, er uh, "Pajero" any day.

(I still own a '97 Montero that I bought new in 1996, and while it can't keep up with the LR3 in the snow or anywhere else, it's remarkable how well it can do in snow up to about 10". Also, it has 260,000 miles and just keeps going.)

Old 03-06-2015, 11:07 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
imadazar....there is NO WAY that your MB Sedan is out-performing a Pajero in the snow. Sorry, my friend. If anything, you are a skilled driver and the person driving the Mitsubishi was not. All things considered and equal driving skill at the wheel, I'll take the Montero, er uh, "Pajero" any day.

(I still own a '97 Montero that I bought new in 1996, and while it can't keep up with the LR3 in the snow or anywhere else, it's remarkable how well it can do in snow up to about 10". Also, it has 260,000 miles and just keeps going.)
Yes way hehehe
Oh you should see the grand cheerokee too

Old 03-06-2015, 11:16 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rovernoob
imadazar, with only you knowing all the nuances of your circumstance (budget, daily commute, extracurricular road trips, do-it-yourself capabilities) it's good that you're getting all the research you can get about any car. don't give up, but definitely take your time and make sure your research has two categories: regularly scheduled maintenance costs AND potential repairs. this forum is full of advice on issues that are best to plan for as well as best preventative maintenance practices.

i find that sometimes the two get categories get clumped unfairly. what one owner may maintain well and has spent on maintenance, another may have spent double or triple on repair. though both may be pricey, relative to anyone starting their research, the preventative maintenance costs seem more likely linked to a well-cared for vehicle, while a repair might have dealt with an overt issue that has caused another underlying issue that has not yet shown signs of needing attention.

and then there are just some random things that happen...like the emergency parking brake throwing faults because the motor that activates it is toast, but, after manually disengaging the parking brake, the truck is fully operational. the only way for the fault to stop showing is to replace the motor. the truck senses a healthy motor and the fault can be cleared. that repair cost was close to your one month salary. i was told that there is no way to check the health of an epb motor if you buy a truck used. it's one of those parts that just breaks when it breaks.

i know i may be overthinking this, but i think that's just what we do here...over think and try to help out.
I understand and thanks for the clarification. But we are used here to buy very good original used parts...at least for my benz they come in very good conditions and I always inspect the parts before installation. If I'm talking about new original parts I think I could never be able to own any car with this salary.
So with this new fact I gave you do you have any other considerations regaeding my case?

Old 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 lr3

I've had my lr3 for awhile now. I'm up to 78k miles. It hasn't been much of a problem but that's because I take it in to the dealer for everything it needs. If you take care of your ride it will treat you right. Now the downside is the few things that have been replaced a arms sway bar and oil injector sensor were not cheap. I purchased an extended warranry to cover most of the cost. I average about 13.1 in the city and 15.5 average in a more rural setting with 93 octane. Not cheap. All around I love the truck. If you can get a warranty do so. If not just keep a rainy day fund for when things break.