LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's side Squeaky Noise Solved

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:58 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Driver's side Squeaky Noise Solved

Hey everyone! I wanted to, finally, contribute, a simple fix, when so many others have helped me. This isn't technical by any means, but it may be helpful. Possibly help avoid someone from ripping apart your dash and driver's side door...

I noticed a squeaking noise when driving my car. When the car was sitting still, obviously, it made no noise. The more I drove the more I heard and the louder it became. Sometimes I could hear it over the radio when it was blasting. Since the noise was coming from the driver's side, it's difficult to identify the specific location.

One day I popped open the hood to show my oldest some simple things to look at when you own a car (liquids, locate the battery, etc), and I noticed the cover for both my battery and brake reservoir didn't quite look right. The tops were not align with the bottoms. I simple removed them and enclosed them properly. Suddenly, squeaky noise was gone!

Believe me, this simple fix was a profound when for my sanity! I hope this helps others!

The following users liked this post:
robbycolli (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 12:27 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this like a screeching or chirping pulse sound that could be kinda regulated by your speed? I get it mostly at 40 mph.

Thanks,

Robby

Originally Posted by Linebacker
Hey everyone! I wanted to, finally, contribute, a simple fix, when so many others have helped me. This isn't technical by any means, but it may be helpful. Possibly help avoid someone from ripping apart your dash and driver's side door...

I noticed a squeaking noise when driving my car. When the car was sitting still, obviously, it made no noise. The more I drove the more I heard and the louder it became. Sometimes I could hear it over the radio when it was blasting. Since the noise was coming from the driver's side, it's difficult to identify the specific location.

One day I popped open the hood to show my oldest some simple things to look at when you own a car (liquids, locate the battery, etc), and I noticed the cover for both my battery and brake reservoir didn't quite look right. The tops were not align with the bottoms. I simple removed them and enclosed them properly. Suddenly, squeaky noise was gone!

Believe me, this simple fix was a profound when for my sanity! I hope this helps others!

Old 05-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 717 Likes on 603 Posts

That sounds more like a wheel bearing.