LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fault codes 1st start of day

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 10:54 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
the symbols that replaced the curse word and subsequent edit caused your post to auto moderate again. I have approved it again
Oh. Ok. Didnt know that there was a censor on here. Ill make sure to keep them out so it doesn't mess me up again. Thanks

Old 10-12-2020, 12:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

Hahahahaha.....BUSTED!

The following users liked this post:
MudDrivermike (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Drifting

Since im on my lunch break.

One thing i dont understand still, is what is up with the loss of communication codes???

When i get home tonight ill post up what I find with the battery. Also this has never had an issue cranking or starting at any time either. I got a price on a battery from the napa my company uses. So Im prepared to replace it if thats what it seems to be.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by MudDrivermike
One thing i dont understand still, is what is up with the loss of communication codes???
I think these can happen when you disconnect the battery.
They aren't necessarily problems - clear them and see what returns.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:43 PM
Drifting

Ok. Heres what i have. With nothing on the battery voltage was 12.27 volts. With it idling its at 13.90. Bounced around up to 14.02 at the highest.
Then with blower on high and high beams on voltage dropped to 13.87 volts. Battery date code is May 2018. Since its warmer out today, when she 1st started it, just the park brake icon lit up and then she restarted it and everything was instantly back to normal and off she went. I get home and no problem at all

Old 10-12-2020, 06:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 739 Likes on 621 Posts

I seem to always have loss of communications codes. I consider them normal background things that probably occur during startup when voltages are a little wacky. I have never had a true comm issues, just codes.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
I seem to always have loss of communications codes. I consider them normal background things that probably occur during startup when voltages are a little wacky. I have never had a true comm issues, just codes.
That's what Im starting to think also. I dont actually have a communication issue. Talked to a buddy of mine thats also a mechanic that gets off the wall issues like I get. And he seems to agree that my voltages are low and he also thinks the battery could be causing this. Trying to be a little more confident before I drop a battery into it.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:17 PM
Drifting

okay so I put a new battery in. Charging output is pretty much the same bouncing up and down a little bit but the highest I seen it charge was 14.11 volts. After running it 15 minutes and shutting it off the new battery has been holding a 12.5 Volts for a while now. The previous battery was only keeping 12.27 volts. I don't know if that's enough to make a difference or not. What else could it possibly be alternator acting up? So far no codes when I turn the key on but I know disconnecting the battery reset everything so I guess we'll see when the temperature drops like tomorrow morning or so.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:09 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

Let's see if those soft faults come back before we look at the alternator or anything else.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:11 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Let's see if those soft faults come back before we look at the alternator or anything else.
Yup. I will let yall know what happens. Thanks for the help. 👍

Quick Reply: Fault codes 1st start of day