LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Blower--FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My front blower is fixed. It was the resistor module. I put the new one in and the blower came to life. A very easy job, I was finished in about 20 minutes.

Thanks to all who posted!

Old 11-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Well, that saved me a few hours of screwing around, when my blower failed to run this morning. Relay swap for rear and the front came to life. Now I need to order spare relays.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control

My climate control won't come on or off, after cheering the fuses they're good.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:08 AM
4wd High

Originally Posted by unseenone
Well, that saved me a few hours of screwing around, when my blower failed to run this morning. Relay swap for rear and the front came to life. Now I need to order spare relays.
Would you be so kind as to share a link to where you are buying the OEM relays? My 2012 RR HSE SC front blower is acting crazy (was running with the car OFF today, requiring me to disconnect the battery) and I'm going to try and swap with the back relay (which is working) to see if it fixes the issue. If so will need to order a new one. Have tried ten different searches and cannot find to save my life. I also ordered a new resistor. Any insight appreciated.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Ford Dealer

Re sourcing a factory relay, I presume that you do not have a Land Rover dealer nearby and would like one kind of immediately as opposed to ordering from BP Utah or perhaps Atlantic British.

In that case I would suggest you remove the relay and take it to the parts department of a local Ford dealer. Suggest to them that an older Lincoln Navigator or Ford Expedition might have a similar heater fan relay.

Our 3's parts, (improved), can be found on newer, (circa 2010), Ford full sized trucks and Explorers as our 3 was a test mule for future Ford production and it took about five years for our 3's systems to be reliable enough such that Ford would use them on volume production vehicles.

I say go to a dealer as opposed to picking something up that was probably made in the Far East. All relays are not created equal. Most of our relays have a Diode within in addition to the contacts. The purpose of the diode is to absorb voltage spikes that can harm the various circuit boards within our 3. Re the heater, there may not be any circuit board in it but the fan speed control beside the fan contains a circuit board.

The jpg's below show a relay with an internal diode and also one with an internal resistor. The link following has more info on relays. That is why I say OEM as our 3's are alot more sophisticated than is first apparent. They are mobile computers first and the worlds best 4x4, second. https://www.accessconnect.com/car_relays.htm

https://www.accessconnect.com/car_relays.htm

Last edited by bbyer; 06-08-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:30 AM
4wd High

Thank you so much... apologies for the double whammy, thought I was in a different forum. Much appreciated.