LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny dealership issue with ford esp warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny dealership issue with ford esp warranty

So i bring my lr3 into the dealer with the extended land rover warranty to 50k. They replace the lower control arm bushings. Not the arm the lower bushings only. I then go out of their warranty and take it into the shop 1400 miles later with no off road time with a weird clunking in the front end that started after the lower right side bushings were replace. I noticed it the first day after getting it back. I though well ill just wait and see if it needs to settle or something. I take it to the dealer after 1400 miles of clunking just every once in a while and he calls me and says it needs all new left side bushings and swaybar links and upper control arm bushings on both side. All this after 1400 of highway driving....please. SO he says he can have it done in a couple days to the tune of 2700 bux. I was thinking it sure is funny for it to need all this work after the warranty was up. I go to the dealership with my extended ford esp warranty plan bumper to bumper and he says whats this. I said the warranty i bought because i assumed this would happen after the warranty ended. He says he has never used ford esp and doubts they will pay. He calls them and after a 2 hr meeting with the people at ford they pay the entire bill for the 100 dollar deductible. I looked him straight in the eye and said u and i both know those problems were there before the factory ended and he insisted that 53k seems to be the point where things go bad. I laughed and said whatever. Come to find out he replaced the compressor also and bought a new control arm instead of just replacing the bushings. So basically he said i have a new front end. It drives like a dream and for the 3500 i paid for the 4yr 50k warranty it was worth every penny. get a ford esp warranty it rocks

Old 09-22-2012, 11:11 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ford warrantee is run by the same company APCO. But the apco guys can be suckier cause they don't always like to cover things if they know if its a land rover. But FORD esp they can dont care.

And alot of times the bushings don't come out and you need a control arm. Sometimes the bolts freeze in and its worse.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was funny is under the extended land rover warranty they could only replace the bushings on the right side not the entire arm. Ford warranty covered replacing the entire control arm. Makes no sense.