LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas Tank Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:44 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Tank Question

OK, so I didn't get the tank skid (fool that I am) and lo and behold the stock POS plastic skid plate got whacked and is pushed up against the gas tank. The dealership said there was no physical damage to the tank itself, but that "the fuel tank assembly was impacted and allowed for the send unit malfunction" Seems that the impact caused the "fuel sending units" to go out and no my fuel guage never drops below half ( gotta look at total miles driven so I don't look like a dufus waiting for AAA to bring me some gas on the freeway).
My question: - dealership says fuel sending units are integral with the tank assembly, thus I need to drop ~$2500 to replace the tank if i want the guage to function. IS THAT SO???
Thanks for any responses,
-D

Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes and no. The fuel sending units are in the tank and parts can be ordered including the guages but due to the fact its pushed in, the part that it rides on may be damaged. You could also end up with issues with stalling not due to low gas but damaged parts to the vent system. If you can take the tank down yourself, I mean let it get to almost empty you could take it down to see if its possible but beware if you put it back into place you can have other issues.