LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giving Up - Suspension Fault

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

many things can be up with the vehicle . try the obvious make sure you set the height sensor correctly very easy to flip the arm and have it reading backwards. also if its an updated sensor its suggeted you swap them in pairs. but it can be many things. most commenly an air leak at the drier small crack between blue fitting and orange fitting where the system doesnt see sufficiant pressure deliverd at the right time it goes into limp mode to save the compressor from over heating. its basics just make sure to not be throwing parts at it

Old 05-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
Hey Matt,
Just checking up. Any progress???
Yeah he called me and talked to a REAL mechanic. lolololol

Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
Yeah he called me and talked to a REAL mechanic. lolololol
Who's got the ring??? Oh.. Thats right... Not YOU!!!
You want to see what it looks like???

Here You Go Mutley....LOLOLOLOLOL
Name:  IMG-20120518-00148.jpg
Views: 3713
Size:  174.8 KB

Name:  IMG-20120518-00149.jpg
Views: 3673
Size:  182.2 KB

Name:  IMG-20120518-00150.jpg
Views: 3699
Size:  170.7 KB

Last edited by threalassmikeg; 05-18-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice freaking ring!!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

wowowowow that hurts... I called/Emailed LR and they say they wont give me my ring and plaque unless I work at a dealer again... Dicks-

Old 07-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am about to tackle a sensor replacement myself so rather than start I new thread I thought I would continue this one.

Background:

06 LR3 HSE.

I have noticed for the past year that the passenger front ride was a little low compared to the drivers side (or the drivers side is a little high). On most days there is .5 - 1" difference (using a ground to apex of the wheel arch method through the centerline of the wheel)

Ignored this until:

-right rear sensor was replaced because that wheel kept adjusting itself. This appeared as a movement on the off-road wheel display.

-at the same time the driver's front lower control arm was replaced to cure a front end clunk)

-the shop that did this work did not do a ride height recalibration. (or an alignment for that matter, they marked the control arm position)

The low passenger front corner remains (or high drivers side). At this point I took it to another indy who tried a height calibration using wheel center to arch measurements. The calibration seemed to go Ok until the end of the process where the vehicle/T4? would indicate that not all wheel measurements were within tolerence and the process was voided. It did reference a minor fault regarding the driver's front ride height sensor. We both agreed that the next step would be to replace this sensor and see if the ride height calibration would work.

Then I ignored it for awhile (chasing minor issues on an LR3 could lead me to financial ruin). I am now thinking of repalcing the drivers front sensor myself. If the vehicle magically sits level after this then I guess I win. If it doesn't sit level then off it goes for a dealer recalibration.

My end goal is to have this vehicle level so that a proper wheel alignment can be done. I am getting some odd edge feathering on the front inside and the rear outside. I want to confirm things are opointed where they should be before I mount my winter tires/wheels in the late fall.

Thoughts or advice?

thanks,
eric

Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I've heard that these sensors turn up bad like that sometimes when trying to do an alignment. The "pros" may have something else to say.

It sounds to me like you are on track. Keep in mind, all 4 sensors are different, and take different part numbers (way to go)..

Old 07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sometimes it takes a few tries to calibrate the eas.
Typically you'll see the sensor go out of range in 4x4 screen if there is a problem (with the sensor or electrical connections at the sensor)
You're best bet is to have the dealer calibrate the eas unless you have your own
software. Some of us stealership techs really do know what we're doing... It's kind of tough to say you need any or of your sensors replaced. But if you're going to put one more sensor in and pay for a calibration you might as well put the other 2 in. Make sure you have a couple of harness repair kits just in case you break the tabs or there is corrosion on the connectors.As far as alignments go I haven't seen an indie that could do one right.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd let therealassmikeg do mine for sure, you are just too far away.