LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDC Fault in System?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDC Fault in System?

When my wife starts the LR3 after it has been sitting for a while (cold) she says that the message center displays 'HDC Fault in System'. What does this mean?

thanks,
Jason

Old 12-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HDC Fault in System?

HDC is the Hill Descent Control. Why it would be comming on is what I can not answer. Run it by the dealer!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Mudding
Default RE: HDC Fault in System?

Actually, I believe that is a general transmission or suspension fault. I find that it occurs in the mornings when the transmission is cold. If you shut off the engine, after starting, it probably will not come up. However, you should get it in so they can put it on the computer. My last visit found a defective thermostat, a software update for transmission, and wires on top of the engine that either a mouse or rat had chewed...

Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

I have 2007 Landrover freelander 2, buy a brand new 5 years ago, running almost 130k. But since 2 years ago, the car having many problems, from alternator, air conditioning and a years ago having HDC Faults message, sometimes the problem gone by itself. Yesterday I had same problem, having HDC Faults and the now car won't start...

I'm trying to find the solution through google and try one by one, but the car still wont start. Sadly, Only one dealer in Indonesia and I live in different city with the dealer.

Now I really hate with landrover, I regret buying a landrover, my personal experince, landrover is an expensive car with cheap parts. Don't buy landrover. unreliable. Please read any landrover forums before buy landrover.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Drifting

i had the same issue with my vehicle, the mechanic told me it's a "phantom" fault and not to worry about it. only happens when the vehicle is cold. i've pretty much forgotten about it.