LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - 2005 LR3 - Warning Lights, HDC, Stuck In Low...and more

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - 2005 LR3 - Warning Lights, HDC, Stuck In Low...and more

Can anyone help please., please

i have multiple codes, stuck in low range, suspension, HDC.

i have tested battery, changed brake switch, disconnected the entire tail light assembly to take the brake bulbs out of possibilities. Checked passenger side wiring and found broken wire (think I hooked to proper connection), checked the TCM behind battery for corrosion and cleaned the pins with electrical spray and put dielectic grease. Cleared the codes.

where do I go next? Driver side footwell wiring? Centre console wiring for possible water/coffee spilt?

im getting discouraged...always wanted a Landrover. Bought this one and can’t find the issues.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:29 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Transfer case control module behind the battery. Check the connectors, probably corroded.

once confirmed, I have a replacement if you need it.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:29 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by abran
Transfer case control module behind the battery. Check the connectors, probably corroded.

once confirmed, I have a replacement if you need it.
i checked the module behind battery, it had some corrosion which I cleaned up with electrical cleaner and sand paper then dielectric grease...still no joy.

if corrosion existed on the module pins, will it work after they are cleaned? I have read yes and no.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:03 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Brake switch, very common cause of those errors on the dash.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by Bhalbach

i checked the module behind battery, it had some corrosion which I cleaned up with electrical cleaner and sand paper then dielectric grease...still no joy.

if corrosion existed on the module pins, will it work after they are cleaned? I have read yes and no.
when you did the brake switch did you install with the pedal in its natural position?

ive had 4 vehicles with corroded TCCM and never had one work after cleaning. I also had a bad negative/ground cable at the battery cause issues. My money is on TCCM module, but you might try another brake switch and ground cable first.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Hi Abran, not to jack the thread but what's the shop time for replacing the negative cable?

Old 02-16-2018, 03:28 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Hi Abran, not to jack the thread but what's the shop time for replacing the negative cable?
So this is what I have done today.

-cleared all codes.
-disconnected battery & charged again 12.6v tested
-cut out a somewhat corroded connection on passenger side in the wiring harness
-took apart centre console and cleaned all connections with electrical contact cleaner...no signs of corrosion.
-checked and cleaned connections in passenger side wheel well, including abs sensor.
-reconnected battery
-started lr3...no change.

-still stuck in low.
-dash says transmission fault traction reduced when put in park (after lr3 has been moved forward or backwards) and traction reduced.
-hi /low still not working, just flashing hi and lo on switch and green light flashing on dash no ding when pushing switch.
-hdc yellow switch does nothing, no ding no lights, dash says hdc fault system unavailable when key turned on.
-dsc switch does nothing, no dings light is solid amber on dash.
-suspension switch flashes both arrows on switch when pushed and dings...then the switch show “up” solid amber...when start moving suspension light comes on dash...goes away when lr3 turned off then back on.
-the mode switch when turned says dings and says system fault special program unavailable and special programs off.
-parking brake will not disengage by itself when put in gear and push accelerator.

any thoughts or advice?

Last edited by Bhalbach; 02-16-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Overlanding

So this is what I have done today.

-cleared all codes.
-disconnected battery & charged again 12.6v tested
-cut out a somewhat corroded connection on passenger side in the wiring harness
-took apart centre console and cleaned all connections with electrical contact cleaner...no signs of corrosion.
-checked and cleaned connections in passenger side wheel well, including abs sensor.
-reconnected battery
-started lr3...no change.

-still stuck in low.
-dash says transmission fault traction reduced when put in park (after lr3 has been moved forward or backwards) and traction reduced.
-hi /low still not working, just flashing hi and lo on switch and green light flashing on dash no ding when pushing switch.
-hdc yellow switch does nothing, no ding no lights, dash says hdc fault system unavailable when key turned on.
-dsc switch does nothing, no dings light is solid amber on dash.
-suspension switch flashes both arrows on switch when pushed and dings...then the switch show “up” solid amber...when start moving suspension light comes on dash...goes away when lr3 turned off then back on.
-the mode switch when turned says dings and says system fault special program unavailable and special programs off.
-parking brake will not disengage by itself when put in gear and push accelerator.

any thoughts or advice?
when I do a hard reset the compressor will turn off when I start lr3 and run for maybe a minute then done...won’t start again.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Overlanding

when I do a hard reset the compressor will turn off when I start lr3 and run for maybe a minute then done...won’t start again.
Cruise won’t turn on, I assume it is related to being stuck in low range.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Baja

Change out TCCM

Quick Reply: Help - 2005 LR3 - Warning Lights, HDC, Stuck In Low...and more