LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey hey new member here ! with some problems plz give insight

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 02:12 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking hey hey new member here ! with some problems plz give insight

hi i'm tony been stocking these forums for a minute now finally made a account due to me finally getting this vehicle 4 month's waiting...

well i just picked up a 05 lr3 v6 se with 170k miles about a week ago for 2k in limp mode and there are some misfires on bank 1, cyl 1,3,5 ,its also stuck going around 35 unless i let go of the gas for a sec and slowly give it more it will shift and not rev in 3k rpm, it will go 65 stuck no faster then 70 so i figured out the coils and plugs and wires just got changed and their good i managed to pop it out of limp with manual mode got the vehicle hot on a 85 degree day and it was running almost perfect with almost all the power for about a week but still had the cel on so i got the codes read again and it was rich on bank 1 so i changed the maf sensor since the old one was dirty and i saw sand in the air box now back in limp mode with a flashing cel it pops off but then pops on totally limp now it seems to want to turn of the cel but it wont im really thinking the computer has to relearn the codes or it could be a coolant temp sensor due to the idle, the vehicle is in really good shape and i also unplugged the battery and touched the 2 terminals together to reset the computer could this have messed with a egr valve calibration of some sort or something or throttle positioning? ? ??
before i did the maf change the egr valve sounded great and the throttle was on point and could smash around in drive now when in drive it gets stuck in a limp . new to these types of vehicles and have a good idea how they work!!! heads up im not a mechanic but i can manage!!! i don't goto dealerships so please don't refer me lol

Old 07-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Have you tested the battery and alternator?

also, buy a GAP IID Bluetooth tool today.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Dealership might be your best bet, despite what I think is your hate for dealerships? Very hard to read a message without clear vocabulary, periods, or paragraphs.