LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is proof that there is market for everything...
lol

Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal LR3
somewhere, someone is installing a 6" lift kit and off road tires on a mercedes S550...

LOL. My friend has a 550 that looks awesome. I offered him my Kumho tires but he declined. He did love the rim/tire package though.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Dan_da_LR3_H2_man
I've had my V8 06' LR3 for almost a year now. Been a great truck - very reliable, fast, sporty, sharp. I also have a 03 H2 which I really like, but I must say the LR3 keeps up (but my wife would argue that the LR3 kicks ***).

Anyways, I done a few mods to it including: chrome handle covers, chrome mirror covers, tinted wind/rain guards on all windows, full stainless performance exhaust from front to back including chrome tips out the back (awesome sound), and chrome front grill accents. Next I'm looking for a nice set of 20-22" wheels to replace the stock 18" wheels.

I'd love to look at some of yuour customized LR3 to give me ideas. I'll post some of my pictures after a few replies (too lazy to gte my digital camera out right now).

Thanks

You have a few LR Snobs here. That is understood. It's the same with MAC vs. PC. Some people have to disagree with what you do with the vehicle that you paid for. The one constant about freedom of speech is that you will not like everything you hear.

You may find more of what you are looking for here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3377328

Lots of tricked out LR3's with awesome mods and wheels. Enjoy!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Name:  IMG_7186.jpg
Views: 2498
Size:  22.7 KB

Name:  IMG_64262.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6427.jpg
Views: 1906
Size:  34.0 KB

this is mine

Last edited by drzjoint; 10-14-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Default My mods

I made mine so it looked and could do all the same things as this:

Attached Thumbnails I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc-moon_patrol_002.png  
Old 10-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Drifting
Location: Mid-Alantic State, Tidewater Area - Chesapeake, VA.

Originally Posted by Mikeysos

....Oh, and colored brake calipers or caliper covers to be exact....
Mike
Make a trip to your local auto parts store and buy a caliper paint kit(one package should do front & rear), a can of spray CRC Brake Cleaner and paint them yourself.

If you wait long enough, I plan on doing mine and will provide a write-up with pics on how to DIY. I just did a pdf write-up for wheel spacers on the LR3 and while I was doing that job, I kept looking at those ugly calipers, so I went and bought the paint kit to do my calipers in Red. Later, when I change out the rotors, I plan to do the inside cooling fins and edge in Black, along with the rotor's hub hat in Black. Details, details...eventually, I will touch every bolt on this thing....

My ride....https://landroverforums.com/forum/members/bad-bonez-bj-17253-albums/ Be sure to click open the Pictures and read the descriptions. Good info?
BJ

Last edited by Bad Bonez BJ; 10-12-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the "dont follow me, you wont make it" bumper sticker :-D. I would sure take the challenge :-D

Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 AM
Overlanding
Default You were on point - Painted Calipers myself

Originally Posted by Bad Bonez BJ
Make a trip to your local auto parts store and buy a caliper paint kit(one package should do front & rear), a can of spray CRC Brake Cleaner and paint them yourself.

If you wait long enough, I plan on doing mine and will provide a write-up with pics on how to DIY. I just did a pdf write-up for wheel spacers on the LR3 and while I was doing that job, I kept looking at those ugly calipers, so I went and bought the paint kit to do my calipers in Red. Later, when I change out the rotors, I plan to do the inside cooling fins and edge in Black, along with the rotor's hub hat in Black. Details, details...eventually, I will touch every bolt on this thing....

My ride....https://landroverforums.com/forum/album.php?u=17253 Be sure to click open the Pictures and read the descriptions. Good info?
BJ

It was pretty easy. The only issue is finding the high gloss brake caliper paint locally. Glad to get rid of that ugly rust color! Now, the blades need some silver, black or GOLD for my Ice Dragon, Hyorinmaru.

You certainly have done some great work on your vehicle. I like the descriptions as well. My favorites are the steering wheel cover and the spacers! They are awesome and I can just feel the steering wheel cover in my hand. I am getting one! Your wood-grain is awesome too - very reddish and high end looking.

Thanks for the advice again. I am rolling on some krunked out rubber bands and my ride is still pretty smooth up to about 80 MPH. Those spacers and the steering wheel are the last pieces to my adventure for now until I get a 2010 LR. I know my 14 year old son would LOVE for me to pass this LR on to him in three years.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:10 AM
Overlanding
Default Awesome lr man!

Originally Posted by drzjoint

this is mine
That is a showstopper. The contrast is so stark and the emblem yells simplicity and complexity all at once!

Where did you come up with that style?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Overlanding
Default One more of Hyorinmaru, the Ice Dragon

Another shot of my LR.

Attached Thumbnails I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc-hyorinmaru.jpg  

Quick Reply: I want to see your modified LR3 - nice wheels, body mods, bolt-on accessories etc