LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchesed 07 LR3 SE recommend maintance

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the advice, I am so put off right now over buying one of these incerdible trucks. I went to the dealer today ( 2nd trip) to let my wife see the one I am intrested in. I asked not to see the previous days sales person because I was felt put off by him. We met with a somone else he took us for a ride and then started to dobuisness with us outside? Like he did not want to be seen inside with us? my wife went and sat in the our car, eventualy him and I went back inside and sat down for a few mins to talk about extended warrnty's . I begin asking for the service records for the truck and wanted to know what has been done, he looks at me and say" are you sure you want to buy this truck" I was floored? Becusae I want to be informed about the product and had questions. They were the servicer of this truck almost since new , and he could not provide the service records? When I examined the car fax this LR had been on his lot since last agust!

So then I start with the "wow you guys need to really move this truck" how about you letting it go for 18,500 ( its 19995.00)now. He then says no way this truck is a looser and we are not dropping it one penny! I cann not belive how we were treated and the attitude of these 2 sales people.
if this is the average way they treat you in these places"if you have to ask how much then you cant afford it" maybe im in searching for the wrong truck-
thoughts?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. You're at the wrong dealer. If it doesn't feel right walk away. There are other LRs out there and other dealers.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Drifting

Hello new to the forum here are the things I've had replaced with my LR3 2007 SE (100700 km):

- Tie rods (about every 40,000 km)
- Wheel hub & bearing assembly (about every 40,000 km)
- Lower Steering shaft ( after 50,000 km)
- Pinion seals
- Range change selection switch ( This part seems very very sensitive to getting wet)
- Brakes, Rotors, pads

* Bought through ebay a complete shop manual for 2005-09 series, it seems all right I'll provide a link.

LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 3 III LR3 WORKSHOP SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL | eBay

* British Atlantic in NY state has been pretty good

Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Manuals also free download below. Also I have attached a sample, the maintenace schedule. Would do things ahead of schedule, like fluids.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
maintenance schedules.pdf (544.6 KB, 136 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Townsend
Thank you for all the advice, I am so put off right now over buying one of these incerdible trucks. I went to the dealer today ( 2nd trip) to let my wife see the one I am intrested in. I asked not to see the previous days sales person because I was felt put off by him. We met with a somone else he took us for a ride and then started to dobuisness with us outside? Like he did not want to be seen inside with us? my wife went and sat in the our car, eventualy him and I went back inside and sat down for a few mins to talk about extended warrnty's . I begin asking for the service records for the truck and wanted to know what has been done, he looks at me and say" are you sure you want to buy this truck" I was floored? Becusae I want to be informed about the product and had questions. They were the servicer of this truck almost since new , and he could not provide the service records? When I examined the car fax this LR had been on his lot since last agust!

So then I start with the "wow you guys need to really move this truck" how about you letting it go for 18,500 ( its 19995.00)now. He then says no way this truck is a looser and we are not dropping it one penny! I cann not belive how we were treated and the attitude of these 2 sales people.
if this is the average way they treat you in these places"if you have to ask how much then you cant afford it" maybe im in searching for the wrong truck-
thoughts?
I told my dealer what I wanted to pay for it and they said NO. I walked away and the next day they called me back and sold it to me for what I wanted to purchase it for. In my experiences Always be willing to walk away.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Drifting

It's funny, right now there is a promotion where Land Rover Canada has offered the same amount to buy back my LR3 2007 if I purchase a new LR4.