LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Air vs Coil in depth comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 10:11 AM
Mudding
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SixesnSevens
I first heard that acronym from a Senior Chief BM, along with many other phrases involving the F word ( "F me to tears Irene" and "F'ing-A-crowbar" to name a couple of them). Anyways, thank you for the great LR3 video comparisons, for your service, and for helping out our vets!
Gotta love the Navy! Thank you for your time in service as well 👍. Aside from the devastating loss of over 100 of my friends and teammates on the battlefield; I’ve lost two of my sniper buddies to suicide. This is one of the driving reasons for my creating Military Mobility. I know it’s unrealistic to say suicide can be stopped completely however if we can reduce those numbers I’ll give everything I can to do so. Our programs are saving lives and that means the world to me. Veterans who were on the edge are throwing the football with their kids and planning family camping trips. That’s mission success!

The following 2 users liked this post by sdjp:
houm_wa (02-27-2022), SixesnSevens (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 05:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 212 Likes on 186 Posts

Watched and commented .

The following users liked this post:
sdjp (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 03:39 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by loanrangie
Watched and commented .
Rockstar Status!! 🤘😎

Old 03-02-2022, 03:32 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I jumped on the forum to post about your video and you've already done that, it's a great series so far!

sdjp (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 12:13 PM
Overlanding

I need to check out these videos.

@houm_wa lets you and I go do our own comparisons. Just completed my coversion from EAS to coilovers. I enjoy the EAS very much and this was tough decision but my non-EAS 4runner cronies kept chirping. My dash is lit up like an xmas tree as the dunlop module isn't functioning and I don't have a Gap tool to disable the EAS and haven't found the time to go to the local indy shop. I used dunlop shocks and OME springs. Car sits up high, slightly lower in back. Overall ride is good, not quite EAS good, but haven't been able to drive any significant miles as yet. I had previously replaced the air bags by building my own using bilsteins and some ebay bags. That set up was great for a season, got me through Nache's trial, but became leaky as the truck sat over the winter, and I became frustrated so decided to try the coilovers. I bought a dunlop kit and used a wall mounted spring compressor to change the springs. PM me or call me at 425 241 8620 and lets go play.

sdjp (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by tnerb33
I jumped on the forum to post about your video and you've already done that, it's a great series so far!
Oh so rad! 🙌 You rock, thank you for helping to spread the word. It’s exposure that will help to grow our support which directly leads to us providing more free off-road expedition and resiliency courses for veterans in need! 🇺🇸

tnerb33 (03-03-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Overlanding

Perhaps someone can shed light on what I can do to make the lights go off. The dunlop module can make the red warning light go away but then I get the bong and can't go over 30 mph warning. With the red ligh, I get no bong or warning. I'm getting engine fault, tranny fault, suspension fault etc, but the truck runs fine.

sdjp (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 12:22 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by sunlion
I need to check out these videos.

@houm_wa lets you and I go do our own comparisons. Just completed my coversion from EAS to coilovers. I enjoy the EAS very much and this was tough decision but my non-EAS 4runner cronies kept chirping.
I would love to do that. I've never been out on the trail alongside a coiler. The 4Runner is non-EAS, sure, but it was designed to be non-EAS. The season is getting closer, for sure, to get out there and hit the trails in Central WA. Maybe Liberty in June? How is your rig built? .....gotta make sure this is a fair comparo.

Old 03-02-2022, 12:27 PM
Overlanding

btw: I liked and subscribed to your tube channel.....@sdjp. head to head comparison is only was to settle this debate but I'm guessing each will have areas where it excels. As a DIYer, I can change back if needed without significant cost other than my time given I don't crush my hand in the process, again!!!!....story for a different post.

sdjp (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 01:06 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by houm_wa
I would love to do that. I've never been out on the trail alongside a coiler. The 4Runner is non-EAS, sure, but it was designed to be non-EAS. The season is getting closer, for sure, to get out there and hit the trails in Central WA. Maybe Liberty in June? How is your rig built? .....gotta make sure this is a fair comparo.
We can start with Tahuya, although I'm game for anything, but not quite psychologically ready for another Naches run. My rig is 2006 HSE with 180k miles. Has original control arms etc.....those need changing (have parts, need time or cash). Otherwise, coils as above with 18" RRS 10 spoke wheels and KM3s. Roof rack. Otherwise, stock. Would love to build it into a one person occupancy house on wheels. I'm available most Sun-Weds. Send me a text at above number with intro if you like. I tend to forget about the forums.....

Quick Reply: LR3 Air vs Coil in depth comparison