LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 A/C making a humming noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was unable to open the zip to hear the noise.
A fart like noise when turning on and off the recirculation flap
is the servo arm rubbing inside the recirculation flap arm on the fan housing

Old 04-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It's not that noise. I have, well err had that noise until yesterday. Now it has turned into a new intermittent noise. I need to figure out the part number for the new assembly and order it I guess. Not a pleasant job from what I hear. If anyone knows the part number leave it here please.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The servo squeak issue is not a difficult job to repair. Less than 1/2 hr
You're welcome to pm me for details..

Without being able to hear the other noise I would be thinking on the lines of an expansion valve noise or blower motor??

Last edited by threalassmikeg; 04-29-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been a while for this but I think unseenone was correct in stating it is a bearing issue. I was looking at Eric the car guy and he was changing out the bearing on an Acura TL and it finally hit me on what unseenone was trying to tell me months ago. So, now my question is, before I get to changing this out when it is warmer, this difficult to do? Is there clearance to get the work done of changing out the bearing and not opening the A/C system?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:07 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac humming noise

Hi jokerover,
I wanted to check with you to see if you ever resolved the humming noise issue. I am having the same problem as you described only when my ac is on but have not had any luck finding the source of the noise. Please share what the end resolution was for you.

Thanks
Lorange

Old 06-16-2014, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jokarover,
So i may have good news for you. Just like you i have been to the Range rover dealer**** about this multiple times but was told it was normal and maybe due to normal wear and tear. they even suggested possible change of compressor. I stopped by Goodyear today for an AC check and they found out that noise is actually due to low refrigerant level. even though my AC was very cold. It is very hear to tell but the passenger side AC will not cool as much as the driver side. They had to use a thermometer to check both sides. Well i had a minor leak on something called the high side Shraeder valve. it is a $10 valve. They had to remove the refrigerant, fix the valve and put the refrigerant back and that was it. Noise gone. Total cost $192.27. You may want to have a shop check your refrigerant level, like i said you will never know it is low because the car still cools fine.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well Done!! Mine had gotten noisy lately, I'm suspecting it's not low freon, but a bearing. I'll let you know. Let's see how many years we can keep this thread alive.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unseenone
Well Done!! Mine had gotten noisy lately, I'm suspecting it's not low freon, but a bearing. I'll let you know. Let's see how many years we can keep this thread alive.
Hey Unseenone, got a grinding noise DEFINITELY coming from my compressor. Ever get it figured out?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Replace the compressor before the metal parts end up in your cooling lines..

Old 05-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unseenone
Replace the compressor before the metal parts end up in your cooling lines..
Damn... So do you think that might be why my A/C Lines are leaking? think I'm too late? I just okayed an order for a new A/C Compressor, and should be here on Tuesday. How bad is the install?

Attached Thumbnails LR3 A/C making a humming noise-img_0073.jpg   LR3 A/C making a humming noise-img_0074.jpg   LR3 A/C making a humming noise-img_0100.jpg  

Last edited by Oasisplayer311; 05-30-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply: LR3 A/C making a humming noise